British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

Panthers vs Lions - Thursday 7th September

Just now, flagrag said:

Well done to Peterborough for getting all the points tonight Leicester were not fast enough on track personally I would have put Kerr in 15 as he was able to hold the tight lines on the inside and looked faster than Lawson.

You have to think as well looking back over previous score I think Richie Worrall would have scored more than 3 points tonight that would have made the difference.

I still say the failure this season has been the home losses to Ipswich and Wolves 

We’ve had chances to close it out and never took them. Fricke was missing the kind of second heat leader back up that Ipswich, Sheffield and Belle Vue had. 

3 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

We’ve had chances to close it out and never took them. Fricke was missing the kind of second heat leader back up that Ipswich, Sheffield and Belle Vue had. 

In hindsight It could have been so different if a certain rider had not changed their mind about signing for Leicester  at start of August to go elsewhere when a more familiar option became available .

All I shall say is Laguta has fully put the nail in Leicesters play off chances with his performance tonight and his dislike to the Kings Lynn track .

Maybe the club should been even more ruthless and gambled to drop Lawson and Allen to bring in a GP star and a weaker reserve before the cut off to give that top end strength that we lacked at the tail end of the season. To me the most disappointing thing is how it has been allowed to slip away especially all the hard work with away wins at Wolves and Sheffield both of which have been home fortresses this year 

Nobody was getting near Panthers last night. 

The team may struggle on some away tracks but it really is a tale of what might have been.  

Thank you Peterborough 

Hard luck Lions

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Three current Glasgow riders help destroy ex Glasgow managers dream. Nae luck Stuart. 

I thought Harris did his best to help!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Nobody was getting near Panthers last night. 

The team may struggle on some away tracks but it really is a tale of what might have been.  

If we're running next year, we need to sign Laguta, Basso, Tarasenko, Cook, Wojdylo and Jenkins.

That should leave enough points for a good 2nd heat leader.

We have the crowds to fund a signing like Laguta, I don't want a cheap team.

• Like 1

How dull would that meeting have been had there not been the aggregate bonus point to fight for. Whilst | can take or leave the idea of the superheat. The aggregate bonus point does keep interest and excitement going in some meetings where the result on the night is already done. I think I prefer it to they win by more than 6 bonus point/away loss by less than 6 stuff of previous years

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

Why oh why couldn't we have had this team from the start of the season?

Just going to throw something in here - The Peterborough team improved once Buster & Rob Lyon were directly involved in team building and not anybody else ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As the supporter of a different club, I have to admit this current Peterborough team are a joy to watch. Such a shame they haven't been together all season.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

As the supporter of a different club, I have to admit this current Peterborough team are a joy to watch. Such a shame they haven't been together all season.   

What's an even bigger shame is that Eurosport have now buggered off for the foreseeable until the play offs start. 

From what's been said about the last few meetings, all over, the drama and racing has been some the best it's been all season.

Yes I know they have a contract and rain off's have pushed the season back but it's just so blind sighted with the permeations left and drama that they had to show more meetings to the mainstream. Believe this was on BSN - but still this or Sheffield should have been on Eurosport 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJC said:

What's an even bigger shame is that Eurosport have now buggered off for the foreseeable until the play offs start. 

From what's been said about the last few meetings, all over, the drama and racing has been some the best it's been all season.

Yes I know they have a contract and rain off's have pushed the season back but it's just so blind sighted with the permeations left and drama that they had to show more meetings to the mainstream. Believe this was on BSN - but still this or Sheffield should have been on Eurosport 

I'm sorry but you have to realise that Eurosport couldn't give a fig about Speedway or telling the story of the league... it's just about contracted air time and advertising revenue

• Like 2

Just now, iainb said:

I'm sorry but you have to realise that Eurosport couldn't give a fig about Speedway or telling the story of the league... it's just about contracted air time and advertising revenue

Oh, I realised that from the first broadcast they did.

Doesn't make it anymore frustrating that they big up the sport then miss the best bits. 

• Haha 1