British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

Panthers vs Lions - Thursday 7th September

17 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

You clearly didn't watch the match or all the activity in the pits

No I didnt just saw his score, unusual for him to score poorly at Peterborough.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Good job Chris Harris and Ben Cook had poor evenings really or what would the score of been then .

But you could have said the same for many Leicester riders.

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Been like that for long time now. I've sort of got used to it but it's something that you notice every meeting. We still get some superb action but compared to what it used to be like we're missing 20% of the product. Iversen particularly tries what used to work in years gone by and can go wide for the pass for the lead but come out of the bend in 3rd or 4th. It must be so frustrating for the riders?

However, that's a bit of a side issue as we fight for our future. Panthers as a club are now on fire (not literally as some may wish) at just the right time. If ever you wanted to see absolute speedway quality then Artem Laguta is it, both on track and his reaction to the fans.

God knows who that imposter was who turned up at his first meeting?

I think what was more impressive was getting up after being cleared out on Monday night and then winning the re run with a top move. Could quite easily of just called it a night after that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rusky said:

Just going to throw something in here - The Peterborough team improved once Buster & Rob Lyon were directly involved in team building and not anybody else ?

You cant say that on here Rusky ;). But your right. Look at the team since CJ jacked cleaning the bogs. It will get the usual laughing emoji's from the usual suspects no doubt:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You cant say that on here Rusky ;). But your right. Look at the team since CJ jacked cleaning the bogs. It will get the usual laughing emoji's from the usual suspects no doubt:t:

yeah... but have you seen the state of the bogs! :D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, arnieg said:

A little tearful on departing realising that might be my last ever visit. (My first was in 78 and in 98 and 99 it was my 'local track').

What struck me was how there was absolutely no mention of the stadium's fate. It us almost as if someone in charge doesn't want people objecting!

Yes - very strange isn’t it?   There must be a reason - brown envelopes I suspect - sad!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, rusky said:

Just going to throw something in here - The Peterborough team improved once Buster & Rob Lyon were directly involved in team building and not anybody else ?

Have you forgotten who it was that signed that IDIOT Pedersen?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, maneacat said:

Have you forgotten who it was that signed that IDIOT Pedersen?  

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. However, no one knows what would've happened if that first corner, on the first lap, in the first meeting didn't happen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. However, no one knows what would've happened if that first corner, on the first lap, in the first meeting didn't happen

He was 46, crocked, unproven since his injury and going to fall off at some point. How many bad indicators do you need to realise that it was a season breaking risk that we didn't need to take?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crump99 said:

He was 46, crocked, unproven since his injury and going to fall off at some point. How many bad indicators do you need to realise that it was a season breaking risk that we didn't need to take?

Greg Hancock won his final world championship at 46. All I'm suggesting is things could have played out very differently if that incident didn't happen 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crump99 said:

3 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Greg Hancock won his final world championship at 46. All I'm suggesting is things could have played out very differently if that incident didn't happen 

Don't think things would've been very different  - I wouldn't be surprised if he was only due for 28 days anyway

• Like 2

Truth is we'll never know, but if he hadn't fallen off and managed to have an injury and fall-free run for the first weeks of the season I expect things would have been very different. 

I do agree with a previous comment, it's a bit of a coincidence that the team has become a lot stronger since the former co promoter left the scene

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Truth is we'll never know, but if he hadn't fallen off and managed to have an injury and fall-free run for the first weeks of the season I expect things would have been very different. 

I do agree with a previous comment, it's a bit of a coincidence that the team has become a lot stronger since the former co promoter left the scene

There is a stock market saying that says ‘trade what you see’ - in other words IGNORE the noise and chat - what is happening right in front of you right now - so applying that here - yes the team now really has potential - it would just be such a shame if this was there final couple of meetings! 

18 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Then I believe it would have happened in the 2nd Meeting or 3rd BUT the end result would have been the same however long (or as I believe short) Pedersen’s stay in 2023 with the Club would have been.   That signing ultimately was where all went wrong this season for The Club - but look at us now - just shows what could have been!

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Don't think things would've been very different  - I wouldn't be surprised if he was only due for 28 days anyway

Exactly!