British Speedway Forum
iainb

Drugs - Just Say No!

On 9/12/2023 at 11:13 AM, DazS said:

you old conspiracy theorised you, just heard new covid vaccines are out, hope your not jumping the queue.

No chance. The last one killed me....and millions of others. Honest.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Three weeks since the Plymouth two were fingered, shouldn't there be a hearing date by now?

Morris's one was 5 weeks after the test I believe although that was delayed by agreement I believe

SShould be soon now 

9 minutes ago, fatface said:

No chance. The last one killed me....and millions of others. Honest.

just do as your told. the last one :rofl:

On 9/25/2023 at 5:44 PM, noaksey said:

Morris's one was 5 weeks after the test I believe although that was delayed by agreement I believe

SShould be soon now 

The riders were suspended for 30 days from 11th September so the hearing has to be before 11th Ictober.

I read in the Speedway Star that the hearing is on November 01. So a while to wait yet.

I wonder if anyone would use either rider as a guest as their 30 day suspension is now expired?

17 hours ago, Technik said:

I read in the Speedway Star that the hearing is on November 01. So a while to wait yet.

I wonder if anyone would use either rider as a guest as their 30 day suspension is now expired?

Their suspension is automatically extended to the date of the hearing 

5 hours ago, noaksey said:

Their suspension is automatically extended to the date of the hearing 

I'm not so sure, A smart brief could argue that the suspension was for 30 days, It goes on to say pending an SCB hearing. That hearing is to be arranged by the SCB & one would assume that if they have failed to do that within the 30 day period then why should the riders be punished further. If these things have a time scale then it must be followed. I know the Morris issue was extended but that was at the request of the rider here it appears in both cases that the SCB are at fault.

9 minutes ago, Technik said:

I'm not so sure, A smart brief could argue that the suspension was for 30 days, It goes on to say pending an SCB hearing. That hearing is to be arranged by the SCB & one would assume that if they have failed to do that within the 30 day period then why should the riders be punished further. If these things have a time scale then it must be followed. I know the Morris issue was extended but that was at the request of the rider here it appears in both cases that the SCB are at fault.

How does it appear that the SCB are at fault?

So Worrall is a lying coke head after all.

3 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

So Worrall is a lying coke head after all.

Perhaps not how I’d have phrased it but you have to wonder why he didn’t employ a defence solicitor - which seemed to work for Barker.

14 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Perhaps not how I’d have phrased it but you have to wonder why he didn’t employ a defence solicitor - which seemed to work for Barker.

Not quite sure how you can explain away cocaine and its metabolite through any painkiller use as far as I'm aware. Not sure what use the defence solicitor would have been, it's his sample and it tested positive. I don't ever want to see him in a Lions race jacket again.

I would say Boxall is finished in speedway and he knows it, to not attend the hearing and with no representative there he has no interest in the sport now (and I cannot see the fine being paid). I am surprised though that he only got a 2 year ban, for a second offence for the same thing I would have expected a 10 year ban at least if not a life ban.

Worrall only getting a 18 month ban which is effectively 9 months with the suspended bit sound fishy to me. Normally a failed  drug test always has a 2 year ban and fine so either we are not being told something or one has to assume there is a lot of brown envelopes floating around. 

What's the betting Worrall signs for a team but as he cannot start riding until June the team are given a dispensation for his absence at the start of the season. 

31 minutes ago, tonyd said:

I would say Boxall is finished in speedway and he knows it, to not attend the hearing and with no representative there he has no interest in the sport now (and I cannot see the fine being paid). I am surprised though that he only got a 2 year ban, for a second offence for the same thing I would have expected a 10 year ban at least if not a life ban.

Worrall only getting a 18 month ban which is effectively 9 months with the suspended bit sound fishy to me. Normally a failed  drug test always has a 2 year ban and fine so either we are not being told something or one has to assume there is a lot of brown envelopes floating around. 

What's the betting Worrall signs for a team but as he cannot start riding until June the team are given a dispensation for his absence at the start of the season. 

He may well sign agreements for a couple of clubs, ready to start in June, but there is no way there would be a facility granted in his absence. 

43 minutes ago, tonyd said:

Boxall got 4 years (still seems light for a 2nd offence), Richie somehow gets off with 9 months and will be welcomed back with open arms just like Boxall was after a few lairy amateur meetings. Fines and bans aside a bigger punishment would be sticking two points on their averages for each league to make them a much tougher prospect to sign in the future, potentially actual average plus two for the next two seasons to avoid the inevitable manipulation.