British Speedway Forum
davieb1

Richie Worrall statement

8 minutes ago, DazS said:

they are not protecting anyone. they want you to believe they are.speedway is a dangerous sport, the lads do it because they want to and you watch it because you want to. i am still looking for a drug related accident in speedway.

Whilst that is rather a strange , and worrying ,thing to wait for, isn’t that why riders get tested ?…..to prevent such a thing from happening .

• Like 1

you will never stop accidents from happening in speedway. even if you test every rider.

2 hours ago, DazS said:

you will never stop accidents from happening in speedway. even if you test every rider.

You right, accidents do happen, however has a rider ever been tested after causing one?

very good question, they would do it in a car accident, finding a trace of anything would not prove they are under the influence of that substance, 

1 hour ago, DazS said:

very good question, they would do it in a car accident, finding a trace of anything would not prove they are under the influence of that substance, 

Where would you draw the line? Plus you'd require the Independent testers to stay for the duration of each meeting just in case which clearly they'd want paying for 

my stance is let the riders decide, they know more than any drug tester or fan who they are racing against, who they trust and who they dont. authority are not there to keep people safe,they just like controlling people under the guise of safety. riders probably more worried about what is in another riders engine than if they are on drugs.

15 hours ago, DazS said:

what were the effects of what he had taken, ?

Higher levels of testosterone - resulting in greater body endurance 

4 hours ago, DazS said:

my stance is let the riders decide, they know more than any drug tester or fan who they are racing against, who they trust and who they dont. authority are not there to keep people safe,they just like controlling people under the guise of safety. riders probably more worried about what is in another riders engine than if they are on drugs.

Really, are you for real?

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Really, are you for real?

i can not understand why people on here are more upset there is not enough drug testing, than the riders seem to be. think you all have virtue signalling disease.

2 hours ago, DazS said:

i can not understand why people on here are more upset there is not enough drug testing, than the riders seem to be. think you all have virtue signalling disease.

I have no idea what you are even talking about in this comment, but do you seriously think the riders should judge themselves fit to ride? What a ridiculous comment 

• Confused 1

I wonder if the sudden spate of failed doping tests will have an impact on rider insurances?

22 hours ago, DazS said:

they are not protecting anyone. they want you to believe they are.speedway is a dangerous sport, the lads do it because they want to and you watch it because you want to. i am still looking for a drug related accident in speedway.

Why does it have to relate to an accident?  Improved concentration, alertness, body strength/endurance, increased muscle can all impact on performance and is cheating if achieved through banned substances and that is something which should be prohibited. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, therefused said:

I have no idea what you are even talking about in this comment, but do you seriously think the riders should judge themselves fit to ride? What a ridiculous comment 

are you capable of making your own decisions, or do you like being told what to do. riders have to put some trust in everyone they race against. they are not even allowed to ride their bike back to the pits, you are all going mental. your common sense has gone. all in the name of safety.

I don't really know how drug testing works in speedway but I would just follow how other sports do it. You could do random tests but pretty much most athletes get tested regularly before the events they are participating in. I personally think a test before a meeting should be mandatory. Unless they already do this ? Someone care to explain how it works in speedway?

34 minutes ago, DazS said:

are you capable of making your own decisions, or do you like being told what to do. riders have to put some trust in everyone they race against. they are not even allowed to ride their bike back to the pits, you are all going mental. your common sense has gone. all in the name of safety.

The simple fact numerous riders (this season alone) have been caught trying to ride while intoxicated shows that some people shouldn't make their own decisions.

• Like 1