British Speedway Forum
davieb1

Richie Worrall statement

37 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It doesn’t matter what he had done the following day though.He failed on the night in Question.End off.

He may as well take a drugs test tomorrow!

Genuine question, is there a scale/table of fines ie £1500 for failing a drug test, £3000 for bringing the sport into disrepute etc or is a figure just plucked out of the air and also what happens if the fine isn't paid, does it just increase (like parking tickets) or do bailiffs get sent in or is it just written off?

4 hours ago, DSC67 said:

I thought that money from fines  went to the Ben Fund 

Well if that is the case then brilliant :t:

Let's hope there's no corruption... HAHAHA

29 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Genuine question, is there a scale/table of fines ie £1500 for failing a drug test, £3000 for bringing the sport into disrepute etc or is a figure just plucked out of the air and also what happens if the fine isn't paid, does it just increase (like parking tickets) or do bailiffs get sent in or is it just written off?

It’s speedway,plucked out of the air would be my guess.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

It's one thing posting something dodgy on social media, it's another when you are under suspension for a drugs offence. I've urged a bit of compassion in this issue as young men frequently do silly things and shouldn't be burned at the stake for a first time offence. But posting about it and undermining the whole process afterwards is, frankly, stupid.

I won't go into the details, but a long time ago, I had a quite traumatic experience of someone close being spiked. It does happen.

However, if you are a professional sportsperson, then part of that professionalism is being extra vigilant on what enters your body. I have been on senior management teams alongside elite athletes and its is absolutely drummed into them again and again to be vigilant and examine every little ingredient of every medication. Athletes don't consume anything unless they are sure of its safety to the point of paranoia, eg. only drinking sealed bottled water when they are personally breaking the seal. Speedway being speedway, its unlikely such professionalism occurs.

The problem for the authorities is that they cannot go on the "how" of drugs cases, they can only go on the "what". That means sportspeople have to be held accountable for what is in their bodies, end of. If they are let off for being "spiked" or "never knowingly ingesting", then that sets a precedent for all future drugs cases. He may have taken drugs, he may have been clumsy. Either way he needs to own it and learn a harsh lesson.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hammer1969 said:

He'll remain suspended until the fine is paid.

Somebody (I can't remember who, a Reading rider maybe) from years ago never paid his and never rode again

7 minutes ago, noaksey said:

He'll remain suspended until the fine is paid.

Somebody (I can't remember who, a Reading rider maybe) from years ago never paid his and never rode again

Danny Bird?

Richie isn't using a shovel..

More like a JCB...

If Richie says he is done with the sport can't see him paying the fines

16 hours ago, TINYS said:

Don't see what his brother not getting a top league spot has got to do with it.

Agreed.

Maybe no club can accommodate Steve’s holiday requirements? 

Edited by WembleyLion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Bash said:

If Richie says he is done with the sport can't see him paying the fines

Who really cares.