British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Scunthorpe 13th September 2023 Champ playoffs 1st leg

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Good ride from Newman there to block his team mate on his lawnmower.

Not quite what the original post said :t:

"I had to get Nathan Ablitt's rides out of the way" inspiring words from the Scunny team manager and the guy trusted with the youth of British Speedway

Well done to Scunthorpe, wanted it more than Poole. Tracks the same for both teams so don’t want to hear the riders moaning about the track. Get on with what’s in front of you. Have a feeling Scunthorpe have this for the taking and a place in the grand final. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

"I had to get Nathan Ablitt's rides out of the way" inspiring words from the Scunny team manager and the guy trusted with the youth of British Speedway

It’s a team sport, don’t blame him 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, therefused said:

It’s a team sport, don’t blame him 

What a thoroughly unpleasant man he is

Good effort scunny. Always thought strange decision from Poole given my my teams form round WR and their riders preference to Redcar. Still see Poole winning at scunny but what an opportunity for them

Edited by Jaizer

14 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Well done to Scunthorpe, wanted it more than Poole. Tracks the same for both teams so don’t want to hear the riders moaning about the track. Get on with what’s in front of you. Have a feeling Scunthorpe have this for the taking and a place in the grand final. 

You kind of feel its in their hands now, winning both home meetings should be within their capabilities and I'd expect both these sides to win at Armadale.

21 minutes ago, iainb said:

Cause Poole did a sterling job in supporting the British youth last season by making Kemp and Ablitt unemployable for 2024, karma soon comes and bites you :nono:

• Like 2

This play off lark is enough to p. off the most dedicated of fans. Looking at he results so far you can see the top two teams in the CL not even competing in the p.off final.

A completely contrived  finish to the season.

Still might me the last ever CL p.offs as the CL may no longer exist next season.

What an effort from Scunthorpe. I’ve just seen the score on the Speedway Updates site.

That’s a shocker for Poole. That won’t have been in the script, having finished top of the league and having the pick of the bunch.

First of all well done to Scunthorpe who battled all night. I have said it a few times but why in earth did the Poole management chose Scunthorpe over Redcar? Couldn’t believe it when the choice was made nd thought they had seen something that I had missed. Alas no and tonight Pirates have made themselves a mammoth task now to get through to the final. Did they not see Douglas is virtually unbeatable at WR? Again tonight he proved to be the best riser around our track. Almost untouchable. And they had Kemp at reserve who did as expected. Throw in an unfit Zach, and Ben taking a real purler and the risk was there.

To be fair Scunthorpe seemed to be wanting it more.  Battled all night and were faster out of the traps. Making the track slick today didn’t help. Where was all the dirt from a couple of weeks ago?

Full credit to Scunthorpe. 

• Like 6