British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Berwick vs Plymouth SGB Champ 7pm 09/09/23

So it good old R/R plus four guests that make up the Plymouth top five.

• Sad 1

Just now, screm said:

What do you suggest they do?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Normski said:

Howarth r/r, Kai Thompson, Simon Lambert,Jason Edwards, Matt Marson,James Pearson, Ben Trigger

I would “maybe” have taken a wee jaunt down the A1 if I’d known Kye was guesting….. nice lad

Occasionally a “cobbled together” set of riders can produce a good meeting. Fingers crossed as both teams deserve a wee silver lining

Edited by Gr8scot

17 minutes ago, lewy said:

Don’t fall for it lewy let’s just me and you have a smile on our faces in a few weeks when Poole don’t win it but then they might win the jubilee thing.also thanks to all our guests tonight but I thought sedgeman was meant to be guesting no loss with than one though.

Edited by Mike0310

30 minutes ago, screm said:

12 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Don’t fall for it lewy let’s just me and you have a smile on our faces in a few weeks when Poole don’t win it but then they might win the jubilee thing.also thanks to all our guests tonight but I thought sedgeman was meant to be guesting no loss with than one though.

Oh dear. What has Poole got to do with Screm's post? Btw, we can still win the KOC yet as well. :D:t:

37 minutes ago, Normski said:

Howarth r/r, Kai Thompson, Simon Lambert,Jason Edwards, Matt Marson,James Pearson, Ben Trigger

Asigning an average of 5.29, the average GSA of the riders likely to take his place, to r/r gives a combined GSA of 30.65

:shock:

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

No preview from Bandits as the Gladiators don’t have a team yet and Berwick don’t want to announce riders that aren’t coming, like what Plymouth do for away meetings (Glasgow away being the example). Not blaming Plymouth for not having a team either, been very unlucky with injuries this season, and guests just aren’t interested most of the time. Bad night in store all round really.

Pathetic.  All they have to say is "we have an interesting meeting with the Gladiators, but they are suffering from a host of absentees and we will endeavor to let the fans know their line-up as soon as we can", or something along those lines.  To just ignore the meeting is, as I say, pathetic. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Pathetic.  All they have to say is "we have an interesting meeting with the Gladiators, but they are suffering from a host of absentees and we will endeavor to let the fans know their line-up as soon as we can", or something along those lines.  To just ignore the meeting is, as I say, pathetic. 

That’s their style at times.George’s Dodds has been very good normally since taking over the role as Press Man though.

Edited by Fromafar

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Make the fixture a challenge and Plymouth forfeit the points. Team line ups like the ones Plymouth have sent on their northern tour does the credibility of the sport no good at all... you have to have some kind of minimum standard surely?

• Like 3

We done better than I thought tonight thank you to out guests let’s just hope Plymouth are back at tapes next year as the sport can ill afford to lose another club I defy any team to have done much better with the injuries we have had.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, iainb said:

Make the fixture a challenge and Plymouth forfeit the points. Team line ups like the ones Plymouth have sent on their northern tour does the credibility of the sport no good at all... you have to have some kind of minimum standard surely?

Yes you have all the answers, why don't you offer your expertise in a consultancy capacity to the SCB, you really have a limitless font of knowledge shame to waste it on the bsf.:t:

• Thanks 1

Thought Simon Lambert did very well tonight. He did Plymouth proud. Also got to mention Jacob hook who was tremendous . That’s the season over but already looking forward to 2024 . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

We done better than I thought tonight thank you to out guests let’s just hope Plymouth are back at tapes next year as the sport can ill afford to lose another club I defy any team to have done much better with the injuries we have had.

We? 4 guests! :rofl:

• Like 2