British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scoobydoo

Peterborough v Wolverhampton 11/09/23

Wroclaw have certainly put a stop to it with the amount of injuries they've got, Not going to let Artem ride in a pointless meeting.

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Picks and chooses his meetings. He is a disgrace to this league. 

Not really, I think its been a mixture of Buster telling him to sit meetings out as he couldn't afford to pay him and Wroclaw pulling rank and telling him to sit meetings out so he is fit for their matches. All down to money unfortunately, I genuinely believe that if it was up to the rider he wouldn't have missed any. 

I don't disagree that it's a disgrace though. 

• Like 4

Never trust Buster though because the guy is a 100% pish take. 

Stumbled across a video of him talking on the mic at Peterborough on facebook the other day after the 2022 season about us racing on in 2023 whilst securing new land to build a new track for the foreseeable future.

Surprise surprise it was all codswallop again.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TTT said:

Never trust Buster though because the guy is a 100% pish take. 

Stumbled across a video of him talking on the mic at Peterborough on facebook the other day after the 2022 season about us racing on in 2023 whilst securing new land to build a new track for the foreseeable future.

Surprise surprise it was all codswallop again.

Wasn't that after MT said he was going to buy it ?,  MT was spouting all sorts of promises. Talking of acquiring the land and much more. Then they both fell out, and it went t^ts up. Apparently MT and CJ are still looking or have "The land waiting", depending on which part of the same statement that CJ made you believe. Who knows the 100% truth to it all..:blink: We may never know.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Absolutely zero class from Laguta compared to Emil Sayfutdinov who has oozed class since day one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheSmiler said:

Absolutely zero class from Laguta compared to Emil Sayfutdinov who has oozed class since day one.

One will retire with a world title. The other won't.

4 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Doyle will retire with one, Adams didn't.

I know which one I'd prefer

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheSmiler said:

TBF we don't know if it is Laguta himself doing this hide n seek thing, his club or there's something in his contract that allows him or Buster to do it . But i agree about Emil, classy guy on and off the bike. Ippo are very lucky to have him.:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

13 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

I know who i would rather have..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Still a Panthers win. I'll go 52-38.

Transparency is needed on the Laguta situation. It's either Laguta himself , his Polish club, or there's  something written in his contract with Buster allowing this to happen.  

Polish club.

Polish club.

Polish club.

5 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Either way, it's not Busters fault at Lynn or Peterborough. The fact of the matter is, the man has contractual obligations to fulfil and that includes participating in every meeting that he is scheduled too. The fact that he/Wroclaw is skirting around the rules by using a contrived "injury" should not be permissible in any form. He is essentially "withholding services" without the ban. 

Of course, Buster probably shouldn't have been so naive to re-sign him with Peterborough as he does have previous, but whether Wroclaw have injuries or not, he still has a contractual obligation to Peterborough the same he does Wroclaw. 

Imagine if, for example the shoe was on the other foot, the Polish lawyers would be coming with their pitchforks full force at UK speedway. So I ask the question why is the SCB or whoever deals with these situations not doing anything about it? 

Whatever the whys and wherevers Buster is complicit in it even if not his doing/suggestion/instruction to Laguta that’s causing him to miss this meeting BECAUSE we all know only to well that Buster does not take kindly to any rider messing him about - ie the Holder/Batchelor fiasco!   

I’m not sure what people aren't quite understanding about this situation. If you have two jobs (doing the same trade) with two different companies and one of those employers is paying considerably more than the other you are going to do what that one is paying the most says. One of his employers had 15,000 in last night and his other will probably have 1,500 tonight. 

Artem didn’t ride like a man not committed last Monday and nor the previous Monday  when he got clean bowled yet got up and won the re run and then pulled out the meeting.

I agree some clarity on the situation would be nice but unfortunately that’s just business sometimes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, maneacat said:

Whatever the whys and wherevers Buster is complicit in it even if not his doing/suggestion/instruction to Laguta that’s causing him to miss this meeting BECAUSE we all know only to well that Buster does not take kindly to any rider messing him about - ie the Holder/Batchelor fiasco!   

It might surprise some, coming from me (ahem Manecaat) :). But it does make you think.. Normally you would sit down with a riders manager, if we are talking that quality of rider, given what the Poles are like... Go through all the meetings and dates that the rider is going to be contracted to ride in, and then sign the deal. Obviously there's other things to negotiate, money spanner man, travel, hotels, van and more. But  you both know all the meetings your expected/ contracted to ride in. 

I don't know, but i'm thinking that this contract might not be your standard one. As you said ,would Buster hire AL if he missed those meetings for Lynn previously if under contract to ride in them.? Buster would of re negotiated with AL after Alex had left,  that's for sure. What that deal is we can only guess, until someone comes out and tells us:blink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

I’m not sure what people aren't quite understanding about this situation. If you have two jobs (doing the same trade) with two different companies and one of those employers is paying considerably more than the other you are going to do what that one is paying the most says. One of his employers had 15,000 in last night and his other will probably have 1,500 tonight. 

Artem didn’t ride like a man not committed last Monday and nor the previous Monday  when he got clean bowled yet got up and won the re run and then pulled out the meeting.

I agree some clarity on the situation would be nice but unfortunately that’s just business sometimes.

But he’s contracted to ride for you, and his other job doesn’t clash with it. Ask Doyle, Sayfutdinov etc., it’s possible to do both. If he couldn’t commit to all meetings he shouldn’t have signed the contract. End of. It actually makes it less tricky for us tonight but I still think it’s wrong.

• Like 4

I fully understand that the Wroclaw meeting is more important but Its just the lies I don't like about an ankle injury...

Edited by chrismorton