British Speedway Forum
Cast1rn

Assessed Averages

I would suggest foreign riders start on 5.00 aves in Prem & can't drop below 4.00. Start on 6.00 aves in Champ, can't drop below 5.00.

Would help stop the likes of Dan T, Kemp, Rowe & Bailey who didn't have team spots initially missing out after increasing their averages.

I'm not saying don't allow foreign riders, just don't continuously sign new Aussies in the hope of finding the next Darcy Ward over Brits.

If Poland can look after their future, why can't we?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If Poole had signed rew (as was rumoured) and he started at ippo and Poole on same average would there been as much response as this? Yes tarasenko is clearly better than 5 in both leagues but it's essentially same thing

Don't you go bringing us into it!! ;) 

Plus we have had similar when we had Lindback on a 4, way back in 2004 I believe as he didn't do enough meetings in 2003 to get an average. 

• Haha 1

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Plus we have had similar when we had Lindback on a 4, way back in 2004 I believe as he didn't do enough meetings in 2003 to get an average. 

I wasn't having a go at Poole (this time) was just the only other example where it almost happened this season prior to now 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jaizer said:

If Poole had signed rew (as was rumoured) and he started at ippo and Poole on same average would there been as much response as this? Yes tarasenko is clearly better than 5 in both leagues but it's essentially same thing

It would certainly be more than 2 pages by now 

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Lisa....don't Poole fans usually take over 'ALL' Championship threads? :o LOL

No offence...just teasing!

Don't see what all the greeting and gnashing of teeth is all about , apart from about 2 or 3 , then the odd mercenary coming here once Poland is done for them , Vadim is basically riding against the same riders in both leagues anyway .

15 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Yes. Because it’s nothing to do with the rider, it’s all to do with the ridiculousness of the rule. And of course people would also moan because Poole would have been involved. 

15 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Yes is the answer. Especially if it was Poole.

The issue is that Vlad has ridden over here for a few months and is averaging over a point more than 5 in the higher league, so the loophole allowed a team (Glasgow) in this case to sign him, just before he got his real average.

The rule is clearly wrong and needs addressing. 

I don't even think that is the issue. That applies to all riders.

The issue is that a rider is assessed the same in both leagues when everyone knows they should be assessed with a higher average in the lower league.

Everyone except the promoters who voted for it anyway!

I would be interested to hear from a promoter who voted for it and their reasoning behind it. I could do with a laugh.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Yes is the answer. Especially if it was Poole.

The issue is that Vlad has ridden over here for a few months and is averaging over a point more than 5 in the higher league, so the loophole allowed a team (Glasgow) in this case to sign him, just before he got his real average.

The rule is clearly wrong and needs addressing. 

It’s not really loophole though just a bit of smart business by Glasgow realising he was 5pt man. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Lisa....don't Poole fans usually take over 'ALL' Championship threads? :o LOL

No offence...just teasing!

:nono:;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

It’s not really loophole though just a bit of smart business by Glasgow realising he was 5pt man. 

It’s definitely a loophole. 

4 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

It’s definitely a loophole. 

No it isn't, just because you think the rulebook is wrong doesn't mean its a loophole. 

It only appears to be a ridiculous rule now that Glasgow had the foresight to make an enforced change.

No comment about it before then.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, therefused said:

No it isn't, just because you think the rulebook is wrong doesn't mean its a loophole. 

I think it’s a loophole because the same rider wouldn’t have been available on the assessed average just a few days later. He’s ridden in the UK for a couple of months, in a higher league and is averaging 1.45 more in that league than his assessed average. 

Glasgow fans getting very defensive about it as if I’m saying Glasgow are at fault. I’m not, it’s the rule that’s at fault.

• Like 1

Certainly looks like a loophole and walks like a loophole and smells like a loophole.

Even if the Mighty Monarchs had done it, it would still have been a loophole.

No-one's commented before now because no-one knew the "loophole" existed.

• Haha 2