British Speedway Forum
Berry9

Vadim Tarasenko

1 hour ago, Gr8scot said:

How about swinging the thread in a better direction……

Vadim has ruffled some feathers but is it because of his birthright or because he has caught everyone’s eyes and imagination as a brilliant signing by Glasgow. He certainly appears to be a true talent on a speedway bike 

Personally, I’d like to hope he feels welcome and enjoys riding in the Uk 

I'm sure he does , apart from the poster who holds him personally responsible for the invasion of Ukraine 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 9/14/2023 at 3:29 PM, Fromafar said:

Either that or fill the hole in.

'It's not there now, the top's all flat,

and beneath it is the bloke in the bowler hat.

And that's that!'

• Haha 3

On 9/14/2023 at 12:27 PM, MistyMoo said:

Mate, they HAVE done it on British soil (allegedly)

I KNOW

On 9/14/2023 at 12:08 PM, Berry9 said:

As if Russia would attempt anything like that on British soil.....

It's strange that Porton Down is based in Salisbury where the person you are probably alluding to was 'poisoned' and that Porton Down is the site of the Ministry of Defence's Science & Technology Laboratory which according to Wikipedia is "one of the UK's most secretive and controversial military research facilities". It's also strange that the two people who supposedly poisoned him with nerve agent were immune to the nerve agent themselves. Call me a conspiracy theorist but that story never sat right with me. The likelihood is that he poisoned himself after trying to steal it to sell it on and that would have been a wee bit embarrassing for the UK government to admit to so they concocted the story about Russia to divert attention away from the research facility and a possible breach in its security by a former Russian DOUBLE AGENT who could definitely be fully trusted... :drink:

Anyway, whatever the circumstances and however it went down i'm convinced that Vadim Tarasenko was not involved.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Nickinho said:

It's strange that Porton Down is based in Salisbury where the person you are probably alluding to was 'poisoned' and that Porton Down is the site of the Ministry of Defence's Science & Technology Laboratory which according to Wikipedia is "one of the UK's most secretive and controversial military research facilities". It's also strange that the two people who supposedly poisoned him with nerve agent were immune to the nerve agent themselves. Call me a conspiracy theorist but that story never sat right with me. The likelihood is that he poisoned himself after trying to steal it to sell it on and that would have been a wee bit embarrassing for the UK government to admit to so they concocted the story about Russia to divert attention away from the research facility and a possible breach in its security by a former Russian DOUBLE AGENT who could definitely be fully trusted... :drink:

Anyway, whatever the circumstances and however it went down i'm convinced that Vadim Tarasenko was not involved.

So the two Russians who flew into the UK to (allegedly) look a the clock on Salisbury cathedral then flew out couple days later were fictitious - even though they have been identified as Russian agents.  They themselves were not poisoned by the nerve agent because they protected themselves.  The innocent woman who died didn't protect herself because she didn't know anything that was going on. The ex Russian agent opened his door nor knowing the nerve agent was under the handle, likewise his daughter touched her dad sometime after, again not knowing.

Have you not watched the series on Litvinenko, the Russian who was poisoned in London by a cup of tea, and died a horrendous death. If not watch it, very interesting.

On 9/17/2023 at 3:10 PM, Nickinho said:

I sincerely hope that this was a joke, comrade?

I would be interested to know why it is now that a number of russian speedway riders have decided to join British teams. Could understand more if they were newbies, but 2 of them were 1st and 3rd in the 2021 world GP series. Just seems a bit strange to me. I don't suppose they will ever say why they come to UK all of a sudden.

53 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I would be interested to know why it is now that a number of russian speedway riders have decided to join British teams. Could understand more if they were newbies, but 2 of them were 1st and 3rd in the 2021 world GP series. Just seems a bit strange to me. I don't suppose they will ever say why they come to UK all of a sudden.

Money will be the answer.IMO(easy money)

Edited by Fromafar

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Based on three things I would think...

1) They are not riding in the Grand Prix series, so have more free time.

2) The Polish Ektrasliga relaxing their rules, and allowing GP stars to ride in more than one other country.

3) Money. They earned next to nothing while they were banned from riding everywhere (bar Russia), so want to top up their bank accounts. Also Swedish speedway is struggling financially, so doubt they could earn the money they used to over there even if they were allowed to ride.

Edited by Bojangles

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

They are not allowed to ride in Sweden at the moment.

36 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

They are not allowed to ride in Sweden at the moment.

I wonder if this is case next season also. Could mean few other Russians make the jump to the UK

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Because of our generous benefits system. :cheers:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

To avoid conscription into the Russian Army ? 

That doesn't answer why they're coming to Britain, they stay in Poland.