British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

9 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

It does but you have Brem & Wojdylo who both are on assessed averages as they haven’t riden in the uk before but then have different notes against their name on the official team declarations, so what means what? 

As I’ve said because of that it’s open to interpretation & their is a huge grey area, the official documentation has a massive error on. 

Only difference i see between them is Bruem is in a declared 1-7 team at the time of the updated declaration list whereas Wojdylo isnt,

As theres no indication on the list anywhere what ass adheres to it could easily be interpreted differently, unless its just the fact the person updating has not proof read his adjustments before saving and uploading it again

5 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

First of all i think that guests/replacements should be allowed for all positions. Teams work hard all season to qualify for the play offs only to be weakened through injury its not fair for the team or there fans who have .spent time and money supporting them all season The play offs are supposed to be an end of the season spectacular for all fans so one or more weakened teams just ruins the whole thing .Many teams over the years have won the title because a better team has been weaken through injury i.m.o its the play offs biggest fault.

Anyway the Lambert average thing if you look at last years final average list you will see  that Lambert riding for Belle vue has a average of 7.61 an average that he achieved with his last full season with Kings Lynn. For what ever reason they have assessed his average when he came back for this season at 7.81 so having not done enough meetings for a new average he stays on his assessed average of 7.81.

There you another problem with the regs, he has rode in Britain inside the last 12 months so if he is on an assessed average that contradicts the rules around assessed averages.

like I said the more you look the more holes you find.

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Only difference i see between them is Bruem is in a declared 1-7 team at the time of the updated declaration list whereas Wojdylo isnt,

As theres no indication on the list anywhere what ass adheres to it could easily be interpreted differently, unless its just the fact the person updating has not proof read his adjustments before saving and uploading it again

Doesn’t change the fact that there is an issue with the official documentation that can be challenged.

8 minutes ago, Rob B said:

He’s sat 5 rows in front of us on plane. Was walking very slowly and looks bit dazed, face is a mess. 

Hans Andersen wanted to ride in the 2nd leg of GF in 2021 at Peterborough after his crash in 1st leg , he was clearly dazed from the crash so he was ruled out by concussion protocols ,so if Doyle looks dazed he wont be riding as they surely wont take any risks with him as they did with stopping Andersen riding

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Interesting because  Patryk Wojodylo doesn’t have an * next to his name but surely he has an assessed average? An official document with error? All the more reason to push it.

The documentation & regulations are not water tight

I'd agree entirely.  You can drive a coach and horses through the regs 

1 minute ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Doesn’t change the fact that there is an issue with the official documentation that can be challenged.

It doesnt but if the meetings on tomorrow its a very short period of time to challenge it though before tapes up

But then again with loophole Louis on the board anything could happen .

Regards Concussion protocol... 

07.1.1 Rider Withdrawal Where a rider is withdrawn from a meeting, due to injury all instructions given by the Medical Officer and noted on the Injured Riders Certificate must be adhered to. Where a rider suffers concussion at a meeting then a fixed period of suspension will be automatically applied to the riders SCB registration and the riders FMN will be notified and included on the Injured Riders List.

The minimum period of registration/licence suspension will be:  Over 20 years of age 9 days Or more if so indicated by the MO

As he wasn't injured in a scb meeting does that mean that none of the above applies?

There you another problem with the regs, he has rode in Britain inside the last 12 months so if he is on an assessed average that contradicts the rules around assessed averages.

No both 22 and 23 seasons he has not ridden enough meetings to qualify for a new average so he has been given an assessed average why 7.81 i don't know but it is an assessed average.

It’s not whether he’s ridden here in the last two years, it’s the fact his Est MA (is) older than prev 2 years. 
A ringer, sorry rider could rock up at the tale end of the year, not do enough meetings to get a new average and remain on his old 2014 average for years. 

I’ve covered this before but Robert’s 7.61 average last year was his 7.81 figure with the Brit reduction applied. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Regards Concussion protocol... 

07.1.1 Rider Withdrawal Where a rider is withdrawn from a meeting, due to injury all instructions given by the Medical Officer and noted on the Injured Riders Certificate must be adhered to. Where a rider suffers concussion at a meeting then a fixed period of suspension will be automatically applied to the riders SCB registration and the riders FMN will be notified and included on the Injured Riders List.

The minimum period of registration/licence suspension will be:  Over 20 years of age 9 days Or more if so indicated by the MO

As he wasn't injured in a scb meeting does that mean that none of the above applies?

Not seen any reports to suggest he had concussion but if Monday was off that would be a massive benefit to Ipswich

Did you see in Poland .in the final they had to have Connor Bailey replaced Woffy in the Final and bring in Junior for Magic..and they say uk speedway rules are stupid 

• Like 1

Ben Cook guests for Blodorn.

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Not seen any reports to suggest he had concussion but if Monday was off that would be a massive benefit to Ipswich

Some were saying he could miss due to having concussion.... 

13 minutes ago, orion said:

Did you see in Poland .in the final they had to have Connor Bailey replaced Woffy in the Final and bring in Junior for Magic..and they say uk speedway rules are stupid 

It's a matter of opinion of course but to me using your squad is preferable to borrowing riders from other clubs, although I appreciate that in this instance the final is likely to be very one sided.