British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

38 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Belle Vue have mastered Foxhall the last couple of seasons,, and that's been with Doyle and our Dynamic duo,, without Doyle looks a tough ask for us to even be in it after tonight,,, but speedway can be a funny old game,,, maybe it will be alright on the night. 

Yes it's a different day, form can go out of the window in playoffs.  

3 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

With that line up this going the same way as last year ...Jack Smith?....God help em 

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

.....and who, from the eligible Rising Star lists, do you believe should be in the line-up instead?

Indeed, even if Jack Smith scores 0, would anyone else do any better? Maybe Henry Atkins would be a better choice, but he's still weaker than opposition RS Connor Bailey

2 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Yes it's a different day, form can go out of the window in playoffs.  

It's been a different day everytime you have won,, but that hasn't stopped you before 

I hope im wrong but can't see anything other than another Belle Vue win same as both league matches, Doyle scored 13+1 and 14 in those matches and Ipi still came up short, i can't see Harris scoring anything near that tbf.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

It's been a different day everytime you have won,, but that hasn't stopped you before 

Ha ha yes but winning runs have to end sometime. 

The announcer could be heard announcing that Bailey wasn't under power and updates have it as 10-7. 

Maybe someone who is there can confirm.

On 9/20/2023 at 10:10 AM, SPEEDY69 said:

And always equally as likely to score poorly, as he has for Peterborough in their last couple of matches.  Let's hope it's the former.

1-0 to me then 

good first leg will it be enough who knows! 

• Like 1

If I was Ipswich, I wouldn't risk Doyle for Monday. The only way Ipswich lose on Monday is if Doyle rushes back and has to pull out.

I would book Laguta for Monday. 

Emil & Artem will guarantee 25-30 points and you're through.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan

On 9/18/2023 at 8:59 AM, 89buttons said:

Uppa witches! Come on boys we’re not beat til we’re beat! Playoffs bomber here we go!! 47-43 on a wet track tonight king and bomber to show the youngsters how to get stuck into tough conditions! And we’ll beat em 49-41 for a 4 point agg score Thursday! 

witches wolves final likely to be the best tie for the neutrals

no I’ve not been drinking, just delirious from a first 5am alarm after a week off work this morning haha

Well after tonight’s result my Monday prediction before it got rained off doesn’t seem nearly as far fetched now!!

54 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

If I was Ipswich, I wouldn't risk Doyle for Monday. The only way Ipswich lose on Monday is if Doyle rushes back and has to pull out.

I would book Laguta for Monday. 

Emil & Artem will guarantee 25-30 points and you're through.

The first part you are correct, but another spam about Laguta.   It's a big risk on Doyle.