British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

The rain will even it up.  I think Doyle is more of a loss of Thursday than tomorrow (Still a loss of course).  I'd happily take a 10 point lead into Thursday.

3 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Surprises me how much speedway fans don't know about their own sport

I don't think you can blame Speedway fans for this one, there are far too many rules to keep track of.

6 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

The rain will even it up.  I think Doyle is more of a loss of Thursday than tomorrow (Still a loss of course).  I'd happily take a 10 point lead into Thursday.

He may be ok to ride thursday.

25 minutes ago, TTT said:

How much bad luck can one team get in one season.

Got to feel for Chris Louis and co.

What about Sheffield? Losing their top 2, reminds me of 2017 losing Freddie and Jacob in the semi.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

So Belle Vue handed a “good fortune” bye into the poff final where Sheffield will once again show who is the better  team on aggregate.

You think Sheffield will beat Wolves without Woffy and Musielak?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

So Belle Vue handed a “good fortune” bye into the poff final where Sheffield will once again show who is the better  team on aggregate.

Given that Belle Vue have two riders out I'd hardly call it good fortune. I'd doubt they consider they have a bye into the final. 

• Like 1

Might as well bypass the play off semis with the injuries for Ipswich & Sheffield and just run a Belle Vue v Wolves final, with the lack of choices for guests they will be so one sided. Says a lot when the best Ipswich can get to replace a 9.21 rider is Harris on 6.87. In the best interests for speedway, Ipswich should be allowed to use Robert Lambert. I'm sure Steady will be fighting to be allowed to have Jack Holder back.

1 minute ago, Call me wolfie said:

You think Sheffield will beat Wolves without Woffy and Musielak?

You forgot their other heat leader hates Monmore and will probably score less than their reserve.

5 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

Given that Belle Vue have two riders out I'd hardly call it good fortune. I'd doubt they consider they have a bye into the final. 

Well Blodorn hasnt scored well recently and Ben Cook is in very good form. They will miss Wright but Lidsey is in great form and Brennan is good at his home track so not as bad as losing Doyle in my opinion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well Blodorn hasnt scored well recently and Ben Cook is in very good form. They will miss Wright but Lidsey is in great form and Brennan is good at his home track so not as bad as losing Doyle in my opinion.

I guess we will only know by the end of this week. However, I think we can all agree that 3 out of the 4 playoff teams are weakened by injuries which is a shame

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

I guess we will only know by the end of this week. However, I think we can all agree that 3 out of the 4 playoff teams are weakened by injuries which is a shame

Yes that is a shame.

• Like 1

Despite their own injury problems, the Aces will be desperate for this meeting to go ahead, despite the apparent uphill battle against the weather. An opportunity to take on an Ipswich side without Doyle is there to be exploited.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

What about Sheffield? Losing their top 2, reminds me of 2017 losing Freddie and Jacob in the semi.

Yep.

Hope Wolves win the league now that Ipswich and Sheffield are toast, Be good for them to have a perfect send off like Swindon.

45 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He may be ok to ride thursday.

Tie will be over before then tbh.

Bomber isn't any good around the NSS.

• Like 1