British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Whoever we end up with it'll be what's left once everyone else has signed who they want, a consequence of having the smallest budget unfortunately.

How'd that work out for BV this year? And FYI, from what I've heard, we don't have the smallest budget next year...

51 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

How'd that work out for BV this year? And FYI, from what I've heard, we don't have the smallest budget next year...

How did what work out for BV?

Hope you are right on the second part.

55 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Don't forget to hold some money back so you can afford ''Play-off Lambert''' just in case you make the top four...

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

How did what work out for BV?

Hope you are right on the second part.

Having the biggest budget and first pick at riders...

30 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

You can't legislate for Bewley going missing so often though and scoring so poorly at Ippo in the semi. They did finish top after all.

17 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Where do you get that Belle vue's team is about the biggest budget i have no idea what riders are paid. But i do know about other/last years team it is about loyalty and good long term signings. Kurtz has been with us for 3 seasons having put a point on his average since we signed him. Bewley has never ridden for any other Prem league club having started with us in the Colts team in 2016 on a 3 point average in the National league and only missing the 2022 season. Lidsey has never ridden for any other Prem league club starting with us in 2019 on a 4 point average finishing the season with a 5.15 average .Then signing again last year on a 5.15 average and finishing with an average of 7.82.Wright has been with us for the last 3 seasons and has been a very good number 4.(Sadly lost to averages next season) Brennan has been with the club for the last 3 seasons starting off as a rising star and ending this season with a 6+ average.(sadly lost him next year due to averages) Has never ridden for another Prem league club. Blodorn has been with us for the last 2 seasons starting off as a very young ass 4 point average and ending this season with a 5.83 average has never rode for another Prem league club. So from the above i see a team that is built on loyalty and wanting to ride for the club.

Other loyal riders 

Cook 7 seasons starting on a 3,88 ave in 2011

Fricke 6  seasons starting on a 4.84 ave in 2015

Zagar 5 seasons

S Worrell 6 seasons

So in my opinion far from a buy success team yes we have made some big signings but in most case's the club have signed potential and if its paid off and have stuck with them for years.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Musielak would be the No 1 the Stars need

Indeed. Would be a terrific signing and would give the club a huge boost having a strong rider leading the side. 

19 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Musielak would be the No 1 the Stars need

I'd take him in a heart beat. At the least, Lynn need to win all their home meetings, to have a chance of the play offs.  But i can't  see us doing that without a  proper No.1.  If we don't hit the ground running, i can see the crowds dwindling even more. We saw it last season. Unless the Stars can attract some good sponsorship, who is going to pay decent wages to attract the decent riders. The crowds ain't big enough on there own  unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Sheffield sending Tobi to Kings Lynn to get his average down for 2025  

12 hours ago, 4BM said:

Sheffield sending Tobi to Kings Lynn to get his average down for 2025  

and why would Tobi agree to that?

Tobi feels let down by Sheffied. Once Tai flashed his knickers, years of loyalty was quickly forgotten about.

34 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

and why would Tobi agree to that?

Tobi feels let down by Sheffied. Once Tai flashed his knickers, years of loyalty was quickly forgotten about.

Tobi not a Sheffield asset, so even less guaranteed than those who are of a team place.  It’s more of Jack or Tobi as number one and looks like they’ve  gone for Jack who they see as maybe having more of a chance to build on his average in 2024

2 hours ago, 4BM said:

Tobi not a Sheffield asset, so even less guaranteed than those who are of a team place.  It’s more of Jack or Tobi as number one and looks like they’ve  gone for Jack who they see as maybe having more of a chance to build on his average in 2024

Said it before - Uk-based riders are more cost effective.

Musielak

Iversen

Tarasenko

Basso

Harris

Jorgensen

Rowe/Jenkins

I’d be surprised if Lynn could go a year without signing TJ… but I’d rather Kerr or Tofty at 6 tbh