British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

44 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

2 British riders agreed, then did U turns. I'll say no more;)

On that basis it will be interesting to see which British riders are announced at Oxford or even Birmingham.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Disagree. If the points are there, use them. You can still have average improvers in your team, but the fact is if you’d been a little more ambitious and pushed the boat that little further, you could have had Harris or Richard Lawson instead of MPT. You can’t tell me neither of those two wouldn’t have made this team even stronger by using the available points. Yes I know they’ve agreed deals elsewhere and they may not have even been an option, but on the other hand they may have been if you’d been quicker off the mark. 

The team looks ok and has potential, but it could and probably should, have been better. If I were a Lynn fan this would have left me frustrated. Slight missed opportunity for me. 

You're falling in to the 'bad management' trap. Lawson & Harris are decent but on their current averages what do they add?? They have little to no improvement on their averages which will = losing meetings. 

I'm sticking my neck out & saying King's Lynn will make top 4 with this septet. If not, 100% the fans will be entertained with Musielak, Tarasenko, Basso & Wojdylo. Having Rowe at No7 will be huge. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You're falling in to the 'bad management' trap. Lawson & Harris are decent but on their current averages what do they add?? They have little to no improvement on their averages which will = losing meetings. 

I'm sticking my neck out & saying King's Lynn will make top 4 with this septet. If not, 100% the fans will be entertained with Musielak, Tarasenko, Basso & Wojdylo. Having Rowe at No7 will be huge. 

Entertained we will be. Top 4,  i think we have a chance. :t:

• Like 1

One of those British riders in particular would have meant a very, very good looking side but it is what it is. They seem to have tried very hard to use all the points but sometimes it doesn't work out.

I'm happy they've had a clear out and have signed some proper racers. Just need to get the track right. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I’m not falling in to any trap, Daniel, it’s just common sense. There isn’t a single Kings Lynn supporter including you if you’re honest, that would pick MPT over either Harris or Lawson. You just wouldn’t. You’re relying on MPT to put a point and a half on his average to match the two mentioned, and that’s if they both stand still average wise!

Its irrelevant anyway as it seems both were targeted but decided to move elsewhere so the choice wasn’t there. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’m not falling in to any trap, Daniel, it’s just common sense. There isn’t a single Kings Lynn supporter including you if you’re honest, that would pick MPT over either Harris or Lawson. You just wouldn’t. You’re relying on MPT to put a point and a half on his average to match the two mentioned, and that’s if they both stand still average wise!

MPT is absolutely one of the rider's I wouldn't have picked, 100%. He's not one I'm expecting to add to his average. 

Tarasenko, Wojdylo & Iversen I'm expecting to add 1 point each. They have to deliver or this side fails. The impact of having Rowe at No7 could be the difference. 

28 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

One of those British riders in particular would have meant a very, very good looking side but it is what it is. They seem to have tried very hard to use all the points but sometimes it doesn't work out.

I'm happy they've had a clear out and have signed some proper racers. Just need to get the track right. 

Did KL have permission from the parent clubs to sign those riders?

4 minutes ago, hasta la vista said:

Did KL have permission from the parent clubs to sign those riders?

I have absolutely no idea. I'm not sure I'd even be able to tell you who their parent clubs are.

I don't think anyone is having a moan about it, just pointing out that efforts were made to use up all points available.

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

MPT is absolutely one of the rider's I wouldn't have picked, 100%. He's not one I'm expecting to add to his average. 

Tarasenko, Wojdylo & Iversen I'm expecting to add 1 point each. They have to deliver or this side fails. The impact of having Rowe at No7 could be the difference. 

If MPT avoids injury he 100% WILL increase his average.

Massive if though.

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Massive if though.

It's very rare for MPT to have an injury free season tbh. He's due for one...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Massive if though.

I agree. And if he don't go well early doors or gets injured, we have a bit of wiggle room in the points Dept.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

play off final contenders definitely as long as they all stay fit, MPT is the only one that is a bit iffy, i expect they offered Ellis a place but Ipswich got him.

42 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

play off final contenders definitely as long as they all stay fit, MPT is the only one that is a bit iffy, i expect they offered Ellis a place but Ipswich got him.

Rather have tofty than Ellis any day,Ippo are welcome to him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

Rather have tofty than Ellis any day,Ippo are welcome to him

I would agree, at least MPT tries, not sure Ellis always does and Ipswich track suits him better so a good fit for them.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

dont think it was ellis

• Like 1