British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

43 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Jenkins alluded to his average going up that meant he wasn’t eligible for the Rising Star anymore. His average is 4.21 so I’m guessing the threshold is 4.00? Rowe is 3.76

Kemp 4.04....

For me Allit  hasn’t been mentioned in press releases and Jorgensen isn’t in the 2024 team do feel for Simon Lambert as he did nothing wrong and everything right last season 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pinny said:

Would love to see Puk do well but as said hes old now and coming back from another bad knock. 

that said, with no pressure on him at all he may well do okay. However , as one of my all time favs right from 2003 when signed at Newport on a 9.0 average and classed by many as an awful signing , id love to see him have a great season. At 2 or 4 around Lynn, you never know. 

class rider in his day, dominated the polish and uk averages for a couple of years and made world number 3 . If only the old school bsf posters Racer X and Jungle Jake still posted here... i always said he would have a better career than their beloved Zagar, Janusz K , Jonas Davidsson and Bjerre and was proved right! 

Certainly around Lynn, there is just as much chance that he will be come back and improve on last season especially without that pressure.

He didn't have the speed in his bike, spent most of his time in a struggling team and wasn't at his best.

He seemed to have found a lot more from his bikes in the last 6 weeks of the season.

Also think that this is an exciting team that Kings Lynn have put together, with riders who will be fully committed. 

Edited by CrystalCastles

14 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Jenkins alluded to his average going up that meant he wasn’t eligible for the Rising Star anymore. His average is 4.21 so I’m guessing the threshold is 4.00? Rowe is 3.76

Sounds like the rules regarding eligibility have changed, but nothing has been announced officially (no surprise there).

Guess 4.01 must be the cut-off if Flint (4.00) can be a RS but Kemp (4.04) can't.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:27 PM, szkocjasid said:

Decent looking team, should do better than last year (won't be hard) certainly got a good number one & a decent reserve (plus a good RS). Can't help but think they could've been even better with a stronger rider in place of MPT.

Yes I've read comments about riders agreeing, then changing their minds, but without reading anything official, can only comment on the signed riders.

agree they look a lot better Tobias alone will be worth going for lets hope his attitude rubs off on the rest of the team he never gives up - the good news for Stars fans is they are cup semi finalists already in 2024!

They are still over 1 pt below the limit however!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

16 hours ago, Haza said:

For me Allit  hasn’t been mentioned in press releases and Jorgensen isn’t in the 2024 team do feel for Simon Lambert as he did nothing wrong and everything right last season 

Well Allitt has now been mentioned in the latest press release regarding the riders released from last season.Lambert was great last season,the only thing he did wrong was to be too good.Sounds silly i know,but his average is what i would call an awkward one.

• Like 1

Interesting that Lambert was in the plans until they got 'let down by a couple of riders'. 

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Well Allitt has now been mentioned in the latest press release regarding the riders released from last season.Lambert was great last season,the only thing he did wrong was to be too good.Sounds silly i know,but his average is what i would call an awkward one.

So I’ve just read had hoped he’d departed along with Jorgensen to pasture new unfortunately only Jorgensen has gone out of the two - Really hope this 2024 is Robs and Allit plays no part in it over the season 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm hoping it's Rob picking the team, within  Busters budget of course;). I cant see him agreeing to be TM otherwise.

6 hours ago, tellboy said:

Well Allitt has now been mentioned in the latest press release regarding the riders released from last season. Lambert was great last season, the only thing he did wrong was to be too good. Sounds silly i know, but his average is what i would call an awkward one.

That's not really the case, Lambert could have replaced any of the Lynn team. It's just that they wanted to have a 5 point reserve, Lambert isn't strong enough to make the team.

Had they run with a 4.00 reserve (just under the limit) then yes, I'd agree he was "too good" last year.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

That's not really the case, Lambert could have replaced any of the Lynn team. It's just that they wanted to have a 5 point reserve, Lambert isn't strong enough to make the team.

Had they run with a 4.00 reserve (just under the limit) then yes, I'd agree he was "too good" last year.

With the league being that bit stronger this year i couldn't see Lambert getting near his 4.78 average anyway.Even being at reserve.

3 hours ago, Haza said:

So I’ve just read had hoped he’d departed along with Jorgensen to pasture new unfortunately only Jorgensen has gone out of the two - Really hope this 2024 is Robs and Allit plays no part in it over the season 

I hope Rob has all the influence over the team building etc.I can't take to Allitt like many people.He seems quite smug,and i don't like the way i have heard him speak to people neither,especially the fans who pay good money to come in.He has to realise those people are allowed opinions too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I hope Rob has all the influence over the team building etc.I can't take to Allitt like many people.He seems quite smug,and i don't like the way i have heard him speak to people neither,especially the fans who pay good money to come in.He has to realise those people are allowed opinions too.

This seems to be his usual response to anyone who doesn't lick his azz...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

This seems to be his usual response to anyone who doesn't lick his azz...

I tried putting a laughing emoji to your post but it won't let me do any now for some reason.But you are totally correct.He simply doesn't seem to believe anyone's opinion counts,only his own.

• Like 3