British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

For me if you have Erik back then i feel even if he recovers from neurological issues, he would benefit from time at reserve next season but if you go top heavy either him or Rew are likely to be stuck in the main body and only one will swap between that and a reserve berth

I guess its a waiting game to see if team building will increase to 40/41 points or if it stays at 39  could be crucial for keeping doyle and emil but even with a couple more points or even one more to play with, other sides will look stronger on paper

For me, i go for the entertainment, doesn't matter to my life if they win something or not, watching a decent meeting gets me through the door

I'd stick with both Emil and Doyle, I'd go Douglas over King, I'd take Rew and Riss and then see whats left based on the regs for next season 

2 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

For me if you have Erik back then i feel even if he recovers from neurological issues, he would benefit from time at reserve next season but if you go top heavy either him or Rew are likely to be stuck in the main body and only one will swap between that and a reserve berth

I guess its a waiting game to see if team building will increase to 40/41 points or if it stays at 39  could be crucial for keeping doyle and emil but even with a couple more points or even one more to play with, other sides will look stronger on paper

For me, i go for the entertainment, doesn't matter to my life if they win something or not, watching a decent meeting gets me through the door

I'd stick with both Emil and Doyle, I'd go Douglas over King, I'd take Rew and Riss and then see whats left based on the regs for next season 

Out of interest, are you an Ipswich supporter Falcon, or a supporter of another club? Or more a general fan of the sport with no real allegiance to any club?

I would guess Ipswich are my supported club as its local and i attend regualarly, i did stop going for a long period of time only really been going again regularly since 2010 maybe 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Rew had signed for Leszno? Maybe just a squad member?

Not seen that but could well be right don't know if they would count him as a ekstraliga rider if a squad member? but that would effect him if moving to Aces ? as well because bewley lidsey also ekstraliga? who knows rules may change and allow more ?

Edited by AceBelle

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Interesting if that’s the case Phil. Doyle is absolutely loved by both Chris Louis and Ritchie Hawkins to the point that if they decided to pick just one of them, I’d feel sure they’d plump for Doyle. As I’ve said, if they want the title they should be picking one of them, but I still think they’ll go for both. We’ll see. 

You can pick both still and win. But you need to be wise about picking your 2nd strings. No point going with Riss again. Need someone who looks like they can put points on their false average. Someone like a huckenbeck or a lahti etc 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

I think Doyle will be elsewhere from what im

hearing. Don’t know where but there there is talk he’s leaving Ipswich. 
cant see it myself personally but arch is right. Pick one of your top 2 and build a better middle order. 

Again,it's all opinions Phil,but Doyley will be at Foxhall,that's a given with his relationship with Management and Supporters,I do agree with keep the top 2 and we may struggle, as said previously it showed at Sheffield if big 2 don't hit Double Figures we can get smashed up.

I can't see Rew at Belle Vue either, so the gamble is Riss, they stayed so loyal to him,will they offload, who knows what they are thinking, as I've said previously Riss and Hume are the 2 under serious threat of change, but until averages are sorted, and of course what tracks are running in prem, it's all speculation. I would keep top 2, I was against Danny King up until August, but he was very good towards the end of the season, so due to his late form and he's Hawkins best mate, I think he's a shoe in as well, so I'd be surprised if our top 3 changed, but who knows Phil???

If Ipswich want to keep Emil and Doyle, you need to find a couple of 5.00 riders who can improve their average.

Possible options

1. Patryk Wojdylo - Talented rider but he may struggle to adapt to Ipswich. Would be useful on away tracks.

2. Patrick Hansen - Very good on small and big tracks, he would be my first choice. 

3. Dimitri Berge - Has a very low average from his time in Britain, has been very impressive in Poland.

4. Jonas Seifert-Salk - Very talented youngster, would adapt to Ipswich very quickly.

5. Mads Hansen - Another talented Danish rider, very useful on small tracks.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

If Ipswich want to keep Emil and Doyle, you need to find a couple of 5.00 riders who can improve their average.

Possible options

1. Patryk Wojdylo - Talented rider but he may struggle to adapt to Ipswich. Would be useful on away tracks.

2. Patrick Hansen - Very good on small and big tracks, he would be my first choice. 

3. Dimitri Berge - Has a very low average from his time in Britain, has been very impressive in Poland.

4. Jonas Seifert-Salk - Very talented youngster, would adapt to Ipswich very quickly.

5. Mads Hansen - Another talented Danish rider, very useful on small tracks.

Some good options there, I've said possibly over the past 2 seasons about Mads Hansen,  what has happened to Hellstrom-Bangs?

The issue is either of these names would be good to start at reserve but you would want Rew there on his 4.00

But if you add one of those to Rew, King, Emil and Doyle... you have below 4 to play with so Rew wouldn't be at 6 anyway

You'd have Rew and one of mentioned riders at 2 and 4 so wouldn't we be better off with Riss?

I guess the hope for some might be Emil confirming he doesn't want to ride in the UK so he doesn't end up elsewhere then Witches can build with Doyle at 1

Doyle, Jakobsen, King, Basso, Douglas/Masters and Rew looks fairly strong 

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

If the points limit stays the same and Doyle Emil and King return, I don’t think you can build a team with Rew at reserve on 4.00.

No improvement with King on a 7 point average.

Basso at 6.25 or Harris at 6.53 is much better value.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan

1 spot to fill imo if you can get Zach Cook in.

IPSWICH

1. Emil Sayfutdinov 10.10
2. 4.64 (4.00 Young Aussie?)
3. Danny King 7.04
4. Zach Cook 5.10
5. Jason Doyle 9.12
6. Keynan Rew 4.00
7. Dan Thompson RS

Edited by TTT

I know young Dan had a good run of form before he got injured and wouldn't mind seeing him back again but what's the chances of Jack Thomas being given another chance if he's fully fit again and wants to return to speedway, i know it could be a risk as you never can tell how he'll return after a season out after a bad injury.

36 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

I know young Dan had a good run of form before he got injured and wouldn't mind seeing him back again but what's the chances of Jack Thomas being given another chance if he's fully fit again and wants to return to speedway, i know it could be a risk as you never can tell how he'll return after a season out after a bad injury.

That's the million dollar question, we know how fair Ritchie and CL are so will they "honour" Jack's signing from this year ;) or go with Dan again, who along with Joe are both very quiet young lads but I know from their back up crew how much they like the Witches. Jack was a frequent visitor this season until his partner had their baby and that was roughly when he found out he wouldn't be riding this season, by his medical team.

I would have thought no decision on  Jack would be made until he gets back on a bike and decides if he is fit enough,,,, when that will be who knows