British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

I believe it's a lot to do with Chris Louis why riders stay loyal to Ipswich as he seems to treat them with respect and loyalty. Being an ex rider I would expect he treats riders how he wanted to be treated when he was riding.

15 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

That's the whole point of the discussion, he lives in Norwich so riding in the UK and for Ipswich is perfect for him. Robert Lambert lives in Poland and chooses to do two leagues and then some UK once Poland finishes so their circumstances are different.

Doyle doesn't need to ride here but if you can get a good wage why wouldn't you work in the country where you live?

Pretty sure i read that JD rides here as he likes a busy schedule as if he doesn't have enough meetings he starts to overthink setups etc. So riding in the UK as he lives here is relatively simple.

2 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Didn’t Guy Nicholls also sponsor Lynn for a year? I wonder what Buster did to make him switch his sponsorship to Sheffield 

I expect he joined the long list of folk who Buster has fallen out with.

Come to think of it it was 2017 and the fateful night v Poole when Holder and Batchelor were a disgrace, probably something to do with that.

18 hours ago, Tactical Joker said:

You can't question the loyalty of anyone who is prepared to do the journey up and down the A140 / A14 between Norwich and Ipswich! Not the best journey.

Via Bungay and Halesworth is a decent journey - and I believe the Doyles live in a village on the south eastern side of Norwich, which makes that journey more likely. Even so, I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of his travelling is to/from Stansted.

20 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Yep, absolutely that. Convenient. 

His words are that of nearly every club sports person on the planet, a bending of the truth. He has his employers, sponsors & fans to utter sweet nothings to, to make money. 

I consider myself to be a skeptic, but your words are absolute cynicism. How sad.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 1:30 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Done neither. Doyle's integrity & loyalty is with his family. Riding for Ipswich is a job & what he deems best for himself & family right now. 

Nothing to do with any love or loyalty for Ipswich &/or British Speedway. 

Awwww, did someone pee in your coco pops ?

Jason Doyle could have the pick of almost every club to ride for. but chooses Ipswich, which is not your club, so you decide to make yourself look a complete idiot on the forum, and not for the first time ! 

By your completely batrubbish reckoning, every sportsman and sportswoman only ever compete for a particular club solely because of money ! Are there some mercenaries like that ? Of course there are,  “Rental Robert” of Norfolk springs to mind, but to suggest absolutely every rider is a mercenary is completely incorrect ! 

I’ll bet you’re fun at parties ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spidvej said:

Jason Doyle could have the pick of almost every club to ride for. but chooses Ipswich, which is not your club, so you decide to make yourself look a complete idiot on the forum, and not for the first time ! 

By your completely batrubbish reckoning, every sportsman and sportswoman only ever compete for a particular club solely because of money ! Are there some mercenaries like that ? Of course there are,  “Rental Robert” of Norfolk springs to mind, but to suggest absolutely every rider is a mercenary is completely incorrect ! 

Why not debate without personal attacks and insults?

Why be so triggered by somebody posting a pretty mild opinion? 

Dear me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Why not debate without personal attacks and insults?

Why be so triggered by somebody posting a pretty mild opinion? 

Dear me.

Except, it’s not a pretty mild opinion - he’s accusing Doyle of having no loyalty to or interest in Ipswich and their fans.

I heard that JD rides in this country because he gets home sick riding elsewhere. Seriously.

I kind of agree with the sentiment to a degree, you nearly always get these kind of sound bites from sportsman when they sign for a club in most sports. The best one is footballers when they sign for a club in a country the other side of the world, “I’ve always wanted to sign for this club I’ve been a fan since I was a kid”. Yeah of course you have. A few on here are way off with Doyle though. Having been lucky enough to speak to him a couple of times due to my place of work sponsoring meetings, he’s genuinely found a home here, loves the whole atmosphere around the place, gets on very very well with the promotion team and has made Foxhall his fortress. Would he move elsewhere for more money? Possibly, but all things being equal he’d pick Ipswich over anyone else in the league currently. I’d say it would take a decent pay increase to tempt him elsewhere. 

59 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I kind of agree with the sentiment to a degree, you nearly always get these kind of sound bites from sportsman when they sign for a club in most sports. The best one is footballers when they sign for a club in a country the other side of the world, “I’ve always wanted to sign for this club I’ve been a fan since I was a kid”. Yeah of course you have. A few on here are way off with Doyle though. Having been lucky enough to speak to him a couple of times due to my place of work sponsoring meetings, he’s genuinely found a home here, loves the whole atmosphere around the place, gets on very very well with the promotion team and has made Foxhall his fortress. Would he move elsewhere for more money? Possibly, but all things being equal he’d pick Ipswich over anyone else in the league currently. I’d say it would take a decent pay increase to tempt him elsewhere. 

Not that it matters anymore, but he did agree terms with King's Lynn for both the 22 and 23 season before having a change of heart

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spidvej said:

The way you’ve gone off in that reply, I’d say you’re even more fun at parties.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I don't deny most of that. At the same time he's not riding for Ipswich because he's passionate about Ipswich. It's convenient & paid handsomely. I don't think it's anything for people to get their knickers in a twist over. 

23 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't deny most of that. At the same time he's not riding for Ipswich because he's passionate about Ipswich. It's convenient & paid handsomely. I don't think it's anything for people to get their knickers in a twist over. 

Lets agree simply that you have no idea jasons true intentions, i have no idea and nobody else apart from jason himself so stupid to comment on it in the first place and others have lost their minds over it for no reason either, unless jason comes out and says he's simply using ipswich of course