British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Best way to combat that would be for King & Ellis (I'd put him at 4) to perform on those heats. Not moved Doyle away from heat 13 imo.

I think away from home they intend for Ellis to be at 4 - of course come first average changes Ellis may well be at no 3 but let’s see! 

I still agree having the big two in 13 is a must!

:shock:

Sad news on the passing of Ipswich legend John Louis.

RIP

• Sad 4

Looking at the most recent rolling averages, Dan T will be moving into the top 5 with Jenkins & Rew at reserve.

28 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Looking at the most recent rolling averages, Dan T will be moving into the top 5 with Jenkins & Rew at reserve.

Dan T is the rising star so stays at number 7 all year unless that regulation has been changed.

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Dan T is the rising star so stays at number 7 all year unless that regulation has been changed.

He can go into the top 5 providing his average is higher than 2 other riders.Then the lowest averaged rider must ride at 7.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

He can go into the top 5 providing his average is higher than 2 other riders.Then the lowest averaged rider must ride at 7.

@cowboy cookie returns? remember when Tom Brennan moved out of the reserve berth? Same thing can happen to Dan T (as explained by tellboy)

Edited by szkocjasid

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Can't think there would be any reason ( apart from giving one of the top 5 a move to the easier position for a confidence boost) to take him out of the reserve berth if he can stay there all season, opens up so many possibilities during the match to score good points and use him as a substitute. 

Edited by gazzac

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

The regulations just say this:

011.3 TEAM LINEUPS 011.3.1 Premiership League

a) the top rider (by MA) must ride at #1

b) the 2nd to 5th riders (by MA) can ride in any position #2-#5.

c) the Rising Star rider must ride at #7 unless they achieve an MA which permits them to be in the top 5 then the lowest MA rider must ride at #7

19 hours ago, gazzac said:

Can't think there would be any reason ( apart from giving one of the top 5 a move to the easier position for a confidence boost) to take him out of the reserve berth if he can stay there all season, opens up so many possibilities during the match to score good points and use him as a substitute. 

I think the rule is there for 2 reasons, 1) to help a riders development, if they are scoring double figures from the RS position, time for them to test themselves against tougher opposition in the top 5.

2) unlike Poland (who allow juniors to remain at reserve all year regardless of ability) I get the impression British promoters don't like the idea of the opposition having RS reserves stronger than team men, so have these rules to move them into the top 5.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think the rule is there for 2 reasons, 1) to help a riders development, if they are scoring double figures from the RS position, time for them to test themselves against tougher opposition in the top 5.

2) unlike Poland (who allow juniors to remain at reserve all year regardless of ability) I get the impression British promoters don't like the idea of the opposition having RS reserves stronger than team men, so have these rules to move them into the top 5.

Also history.  the previous scheme (Fast track circa 2014) drew a lot of flack from all the teams that didn't have Lewis Blackbird at reserve all year.

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2014/teamstats.php?mc1=x&mc2=ta&mc3=av&mc4=Eastbourne Eagles&team=Eastbourne Eagles&league=A&comp=CMA&avtype=av

Edited by arnieg

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

Also history.  the previous scheme (Fast track circa 2014) drew a lot of flack from all the teams that didn't have Lewis Blackbird at reserve all year.

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2014/teamstats.php?mc1=x&mc2=ta&mc3=av&mc4=Eastbourne Eagles&team=Eastbourne Eagles&league=A&comp=CMA&avtype=av

Not all, I'm pretty sure King's Lynn were more than happy with Lewis Kerr and Lewis Rose.

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

Going back to 2006, when the graded reserves were supposed to stay there all season, Steve Boxall & Jon Armstrong got moved into the top 5.

I guess it seems British Promoters are mostly concerned with making sure one team doesn't get an advantage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:
6 hours ago, arnieg said:

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Not all, I'm pretty sure King's Lynn were more than happy with Lewis Kerr and Lewis Rose.

So basically if your reserves first name was Lewis all ok, if not unhappy with the rules....