We're gonna win the league

We're gonna win the league

And now ur gonna believe us

And now ur gonna believe us

THE PIRATES GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE! :party:

C'mon the Boyzzzzz :t:

Oh yes! :D

9 hours ago, gmuncie said:

I’m sure if you could find one for the promotion they’d be happy for you to get in touch 

I do have sympathy for the promotion. Six riders at some stage in the season injured or ill plus retirement of Buckley. The change at reserve did us no favours at all and people were led to believe it was for a “few weeks”. Glad we were able to run this year but if we come to tapes next season there has to be some fresh faces brought in.

19 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Will Anders Rowe be fit for the final?

Hopefully, he has to sit out a mandatory 9(?) days for concussion then he will be back, if fit, in time for both finals.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

I do have sympathy for the promotion. Six riders at some stage in the season injured or ill plus retirement of Buckley. The change at reserve did us no favours at all and people were led to believe it was for a “few weeks”. Glad we were able to run this year but if we come to tapes next season there has to be some fresh faces brought in.

Hope you do come back :t:

Any news as regards new land?

18 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

This thread is for Poole fans, bore off.

So is this entire forum sadly

Watched the stream late last night and as expected a completely one sided affair only kept slightly closer due to Poole riders having bike issues when in scoring positions and the efforts of Pickering and Castagna. The other 4 Monarchs may as well have stayed in bed.

So now we wait for Glasgow and Oxford to finish their meeting next Tuesday, to meet Glasgow in the final again. Getting in the Tarasenko has completely changed the Tigers from making up the numbers in the playoffs to outright favourites. But Pirates will give it 100% and hopefully the good guys will win. Feel sorry for Oxford who should really be in the final but for dodgy 5 point averages given to world class riders.

Bring it on!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Watched the stream late last night and as expected a completely one sided affair only kept slightly closer due to Poole riders having bike issues when in scoring positions and the efforts of Pickering and Castagna. The other 4 Monarchs may as well have stayed in bed.

So now we wait for Glasgow and Oxford to finish their meeting next Tuesday, to meet Glasgow in the final again. Getting in the Tarasenko has completely changed the Tigers from making up the numbers in the playoffs to outright favourites. But Pirates will give it 100% and hopefully the good guys will win. Feel sorry for Oxford who should really be in the final but for dodgy 5 point averages given to world class riders.

Bring it on!

Steve I welcome u righting the Pirates off because we overcome all adversity including urs! :rofl:

*Since when as Tarasenko bren a world class rider? Never seen him in the GP's! And Pirates would've pulled the same trick!

And I would've won the sweepstake 55-35! :(

Who do u think u r kidding Mr Shovlar? :D

Edited by lbw

And beatable from front & behind, even at Glasgow. Is a very good rider but not unbeatable imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lbw said:

Steve I welcome u righting the Pirates off because we overcome all adversity including urs! :rofl:

I think Steve is being honest, having Tarasenko is a massive difference from Nowak who is usually pretty inept at Poole and we know what Harris can do, Basso has been a bit up and down as an away rider but is capable of beating anyone. All depends how we get on at Glasgow  if it is them we face which is not a certainty., Oxford have a good chance of defending a ten point lead.

8 minutes ago, lbw said:

*Since when as Tarasenko bren a world class rider? Never seen him in the GP's! And Pirates would've pulled the same trick!

And I would've won the sweepstake 55-35! :(

There are world class riders who are not in the GPs, as there are a few riders in the GPs who imo are really not world class riders. Tarasenko is a heat leader in the Polish Extraleague. 

Not writing us off in the final. We are Poole and Pirates know how to win against adversity. I shall be there cheering the boys on regardless of win or lose, with the same team we started the season with, bar Roynons injury. Same as last season. Get the team right from the start and no need to replace.

I am sure the team will give it everything they have got, but just as Lambert coming in at the death for Belle Vue made a mockery of last years PL playoffs and final, so could Tarasenko in the Championship this season. I am not blaming Glasgow as they didn’t write the rule, but whoever thought Tarasenko could have a 5 average in both the PL and Championship should be struck off from the sport for total incompetence.

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think Steve is being honest, having Tarasenko is a massive difference from Nowak who is usually pretty inept at Poole and we know what Harris can do, Basso has been a bit up and down as an away rider but is capable of beating anyone. All depends how we get on at Glasgow  if it is them we face which is not a certainty., Oxford have a good chance of defending a ten point lead.

I don’t think Oxford have a chance, but will be pleased to be proved wrong as it means an extra meeting to attend. They are 6 points short imo.

• Like 1

The idea that Tarasenko is a magic wand who cures all of Glasgow's weaknesses is fanciful. Even with him in the Glasgow side Poole would still wallop them at home and keep it close enough at Ashfield to win comfortably over two legs.

I like Glasgow a lot and they would be my preference to win the thing but I think Oxford going through would mean a much more competitive final. 

Edited by Bagpuss

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There are world class riders who are not in the GPs, as there are a few riders in the GPs who imo are really not world class riders. Tarasenko is a heat leader in the Polish Extraleague. 

Not writing us off in the final. We are Poole and Pirates know how to win against adversity. I shall be there cheering the boys on regardless of win or lose, with the same team we started the season with, bar Roynons injury. Same as last season. Get the team right from the start and no need to replace.

I am sure the team will give it everything they have got, but just as Lambert coming in at the death for Belle Vue made a mockery of last years PL playoffs and final, so could Tarasenko in the Championship this season. I am not blaming Glasgow as they didn’t write the rule, but whoever thought Tarasenko could have a 5 average in both the PL and Championship should be struck off from the sport for total incompetence.

So, one change then? The same as Oxford and Glasgow! :rolleyes: