British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford vs Redcar - Champ playoffs - 24/09

1 minute ago, Bellers101 said:

Riss also scheduled to be riding in the long track nations meeting on the 24th. If all these riders are missing I can't get my head around why it's taking place on this date or why anyone is expected to pay £20 to watch it. Farce, joke sport!

Quite agree, but also will there be enough eligible riders, available to cover, those who are missing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

I can’t see may Bears fans bothering with the stream in the circumstances. 

To keep up with the spirit of it, I’ll see if I can get a guest to watch it for me instead.

Don't forget all these Bears riders will be missing legitimately. Poland and long track comes first remember! Nothing wrong with it the Charles Wright situation taught us that!

3 hours ago, magnus said:

Bit of a quandary for Oxford! Will Jenkins and Atkins ride in the NDLRC and take a ban? Or will the powers off speedway do something to alleviate it? -_-

What like changing the rules at the drop of a hat. Does that happen in British speedway? 

Edited by Bellers101

6 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Quite agree, but also will there be enough eligible riders, available to cover, those who are missing.

Let's hope not then maybe the clowns running the sport might actually do something positive to remedy the situation for next season! 

• Haha 2

Don’t forget we will be missing Luke Harrison as well. He is only a guest reserve so NDLRC takes priority. 

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I find it that  missing a3rd Tier  Riders Championship can result in a ban ,but missing a Championship Riders Final because you are on holiday doesn’t.Plus Couple of others had an excuse.There is a rule that it doesn’t have to be your Top riders though.

On CLRC 15.8.1 makes it clear that it is top riders by MA . No discretion.

For the NDLRC the rules couldn't be more explicit, and I quote verbatim:

15.9 NDL RIDERS CHAMPIONSHIP
015.9.1 Qualifying Criteria
To be confirmed

I had a bit of a go at BSSPL about this in my programme notes for Oxford v Redcar - in hindsight I think I should have been ruder.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Riss also scheduled to be riding in the long track nations meeting on the 24th. If all these riders are missing I can't get my head around why it's taking place on this date or why anyone is expected to pay £20 to watch it. Farce, joke sport!

Thursday 21st Premiership

Friday 22nd Redcar v Oxford

Saturday 23rd Glasgow v Redcar

Sunday 24th FREE DATE

Monday 25th Premiership

Tuesday 26th Glasgow v Oxford

Wednesday 27th Redcar v Glasgow

Thursday 28th Premiership

Friday 29th Scunthorpe v Redcar KOC

Saturday 30th Stuart Robson Farewell

Sunday 1st October FREE DATE

:blink:

Surely if the NDLRC is a bspa protected event, very few or no other meetings should be rearranged especially one at Oxford on a 3rd off day of running meetings 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Neila said:

Surely if the NDLRC is a bspa protected event, very few or no other meetings should be rearranged especially one at Oxford on a 3rd off day of running meetings 

You couldn’t make it up the way the sport is run.Important Playoff matches treated with contempt.With bonus points counting it is unfair to turn up with weakened Teams .IMO

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bear_Bottom said:

Thursday 21st Premiership

Friday 22nd Redcar v Oxford

Saturday 23rd Glasgow v Redcar

Sunday 24th FREE DATE

Monday 25th Premiership

Tuesday 26th Glasgow v Oxford

Wednesday 27th Redcar v Glasgow

Thursday 28th Premiership

Friday 29th Scunthorpe v Redcar KOC

Saturday 30th Stuart Robson Farewell

Sunday 1st October FREE DATE

:blink:

Check Erik's Facebook page he's due to be riding in the long track of nations meeting on the 24th. He has also pulled out of Robbo's meeting.

Are the dates of 25th & 28th the dates of the other Premiership play offs of Wolves v Sheffield so Riss would have FREE DATES.

8 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Are the dates of 25th & 28th the dates of the other Premiership play offs of Wolves v Sheffield so Riss would have FREE DATES.

Redcar team for 25th:

1 Guest for King 

2 Guest for Wright

3 Guest for Riss

4 Guest for Bailey

5 Guest for Hume

6 Jason Edwards

7 Guest for Mulford (presumably Harrison)

28th would be better, but still missing Masters, Edwards and presumably Wright

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Don't forget all these Bears riders will be missing legitimately. Poland and long track comes first remember! Nothing wrong with it the Charles Wright situation taught us that!

I’ve not forgotten but the people who arranged and agreed to the fixture appear to have.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

surely redcar have agreed to the date ?

One can't help wondering what kind of pressure was brought about to secure that agreement, after all Redcar strike me as one of the more competently run clubs

• Like 2