British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

22.09.2023 - Playoff SF, Scunny vs Poole

I’m no Poole fan but regardless of what people think of  the fords and middleditch they always get there team building right every season the top division need teams like Poole in it Poole do not need the top division so. Credit where credit is due and if they win it again it’s up to all our teams to beat them and at the moment we are all found wanting. So no grumbling from me if they reach the top step again they obviously deserve it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Concensus in our wee group was "Poole blown it shouda never picked Scunny, who after drawing at Poole will likely win by 5-6 and so make final", but thought Poole deserved to win.  As already said baffling Scunny TM deployed Ablitt (who scored 0 at that point) for Palm Tree in ht11 and not put PT off 15m: "you can do this at least beat Thompson, maybe chase down Lawson but try to take Kemp through also", maybe a 3-3 or 2-4, instead 1-5 to Poole.  Maybe Palm Toft wasn't up for it, but he's a full race tryer who wouldn't have given given up, thought Thompson rode well all nite anyway, not like the rider who'd struggled at Scunny earlier in the season.  Overall, not my teams so not overly-fussed on the result, but it's speedway, saw some good racing and so I still enjoyed it.  Shame about Havvy's mum...

Edited by martinmauger
info
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Kemp and Ablitt :rolleyes:

Tbf they were giving it a good go. Ablitt was beating Steve Worrall at one point! Wasn't for the want of trying. Wonder if Poole riders got told about Simon Lambert saying they sunk the pirates ship? 

Anyway the weather could send Scunny through yet. See what happens at Edinburgh today. 

Edited by lisa-colette

53 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf they were giving it a good go. Ablitt was beating Steve Worrall at one point! Wasn't for the want of trying. Wonder if Poole riders got told about Simon Lambert saying they sunk the pirates ship? 

Anyway the weather could send Scunny through yet. See what happens at Edinburgh today. 

What are you talking about? Do you really think that Poole will not race Edinburgh,home or away.

Although the weather forecast  shows a 60% chance of a heavy shower on Wednesday at 4pm then at 7pm 40% of a light shower but no other mention of rain the rest of the day.

• Like 1

Forcast on Weds is for a bit of rain between 1600 - 1900. But im sure the boys who do the track will keep an eye on the forcast . Anyway back to last night. Anders out for 9 days manadatory as everybody now knows, after being literally shoved off his bike, and we wish him well . Meanwhile 6 man Pirates steam on.
Anybody seen Trackprat ?  No, perhaps hes gone for a long walk of a short pier, bless :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shaleshifter said:

What are you talking about? Do you really think that Poole will not race Edinburgh,home or away.

Although the weather forecast  shows a 60% chance of a heavy shower on Wednesday at 4pm then at 7pm 40% of a light shower but no other mention of rain the rest of the day.

Am I the only one that listens to the commentary lol. Cut off date for groups is end of Sept. So if gets called off Weds and can't do it by next Saturday then away team gets the points. But hopefully weather will be okay. 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Am I the only one that listens to the commentary lol. Cut off date for groups is end of Sept. So if gets called off Weds and can't do it by next Saturday then away team gets the points. But hopefully weather will be okay. 

If it did rain off on Wednesday, as long as we win at Edinburgh on Friday, it will be fine. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Don't those in charge always extend the cut off date? 

They av always done so in the past and when an actual qualification place is at stake I'm sure they will do the same again.

I seem to remember standing on the terraces in November for the past 2 seasons!

Edited by lbw

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes so if Edinburgh away is rained off we get the points and if its not rained off we still should get the points so no worries .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Liver-POOLE had David Fairclough as a super sub and now POOLE have Joe Thompson as a super sub!! 

Yes I am a Liverpool and Poole fan so couldn't resist the comparison :D

C'mon the Boyzzzzz!

I'm Luvvin It! :t:

20 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

So if both Edinburgh fixtures (home and away) are rained off will there be a virtual super heat to decide on the aggregate point(s)?  Just asking.........:o

• Haha 2

On 9/23/2023 at 3:33 PM, lisa-colette said:

On 9/23/2023 at 3:33 PM, lisa-colette said:

What a load of nonsense it is, if it is rained of Wednesday, it should be a point each.

If ever there was a time for track covers, this is it

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

What a load of nonsense it is, if it is rained of Wednesday, it should be a point each.

If ever there was a time for track covers, this is it

Forecast not too bad atm. Light showers at 7pm but only 40% chance according to met office. 

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Forecast not too bad atm. Light showers at 7pm but only 40% chance according to met office. 

Its annoying how the various forecasters differ so much!!