British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches vs Belle Vue Aces (new playoff semi 1st leg) 21/09/23

Bewley looked totally uninterested, rode the white line all night. 

Bigger fish to fry in Poland perhaps

• Like 1

There can be no excuses tonight or indeed any sour grapes. It pains me to say everyone bar Tom and Brady looked like novices. Ipswich wanted it more, pure and simple. Ipswich are in the driving seat now although it is not over til the overweight person sings. BV were quite simply pathetic.

• Like 1

Hard to have good racing when 5 riders didn’t fancy mixing it with the witches. Probably seen some of the best racing at foxhall this season compared to past years. But tonight who cares we have an 18 point lead 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Belle Vue will have to use every ounce of their huge home track advantage at the " national speedway stadium" to wrestle this on back on aggregate. Completely under estimated Ippo without Doyle. Complacency crept in.  

Always an issue with rain in Manchester...... could be a lottery ......

Never underestimate bomber

Just now, blue witch said:

Hard to have good racing when 5 riders didn’t fancy mixing it with the witches. Probably seen some of the best racing at foxhall this season compared to past years. But tonight who cares we have an 18 point lead 

The Witches weren’t passing anyone from behind, track was dreadful. But you all wanted it rained off…

6 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

I dont think that will happen, unless the miracle happens and we pull it back i hope you go on to win it. With the last gasp qualification as they say in football your name could be on the trophy.

I hope Ipswich win it got 11/2 the other day

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Midget said:

More intent on showing the cameras his water bottle. Well done Witches. Wanted it so much more than us tonight in every aspect. It's not over but it could well be if the Aces don't get a helluva good start on Monday!

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The Witches weren’t passing anyone from behind, track was dreadful. But you all wanted it rained off…

Bomber passed Lidsey, keen on a rain off because Doyle couldn't ride but Bomber was a great replacement

Well, my prediction was way out. Biggest hero of the night for me was Jack Smith. Don't think he's ridden much at Foxhall before but got stuck in and wasn't nt afraid of the outside - when Bailey steamed under him he held it together around the outside to stay in front. Yet again poor team riding from king to lose the 5-1 in heat 3. Think this is not over and the Aces can easily pull that deficit back. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

It pi$$ed down all night long, and rained again just before tapes up. Don’t be salty Rob, you’re more than capable of pulling this back at your gaff. 

10 minutes ago, Midget said:

He been poor all season, think it’s been poor machinery mostly but tonight was more mental. He flys out of the gate for Wroclaw. 

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

He been poor all season, think it’s been poor machinery mostly but tonight was more mental. He flys out of the gate for Wroclaw. 

He’s never been good at Foxhall. Had a couple of okay meetings, but by his standards always looked second rate. You can Chuck him in with Pickering who are much better than they show here at Ipswich. 

34 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Fairytale result for the Witches

Have shown incredible determination and hitting some form when it counts

This is far from over though

Needs a solid start at the NSS to settle any nerves. Belle Vue capable of pulling off a string of 5-1s against anyone when they get things right

Absolutely. We saw what happened the other week at the showground that squeezed us in to the play offs in the first place.  We need Doyle, but a FIT Doyle to see us through. I know for a fact the bloke can still hardly walk, so it’s touch and go. Any slight doubt, then we have to go with Harris. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Absolutely. We saw what happened the other week at the showground that squeezed us in to the play offs in the first place.  We need Doyle, but a FIT Doyle to see us through. I know for a fact the bloke can still hardly walk, so it’s touch and go. Any slight doubt, then we have to go with Harris. 

The reason for this stunning lead in the first leg was the fact I wasn't there! Like Mr Doyle I am touch and go for the 2nd leg too!

In seriousness there must be no complacency - two opening heat 5-1s and the Aces will be right in it so maximum focus from the off! For now though the Witches will be the happier of the two sides.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Midget said:

Been disappointing for us this season looking at the quality of the league.

• Like 1