5. Allen 7.16

6. Ablitt 2.93

7. Harrison 2.00

= 37.57

I think only change to that 7 will be Connor Mountain for Dan Gilkes 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

Jake Allen announced

Delighted to have Jake back integral part of the club. Arguably our best "team rider," as he demonstrated on more than the odd occasion when paired with Nathan Abliit last season. In next seasons Championship he can definitely up his 7.16 average. 

Edited by thebaron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, thebaron said:

Delighted to have Jake back integral part of the club. Arguably our best "team rider," as he demonstrated on more than the odd occasion when paired with Nathan Abliit last season. In next seasons Championship he can definitely up his 7.16 average. 

I can't see Jake's average climbing that much, he has been at about the same level for a few years now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, eric i said:

I can't see Jake's average climbing that much, he has been at about the same level for a few years now.

Good rider but inconsistent.IMO.

Jake's a very frustrating rider as he'll come out beat the likes of Harris, Masters and Nicholls etc but then will come out in his next heat and lose to the opposition number 7. He's part of the furniture at Scunthorpe though and will do his usual 7 average.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Jake's a very frustrating rider as he'll come out beat the likes of Harris, Masters and Nicholls etc but then will come out in his next heat and lose to the opposition number 7. He's part of the furniture at Scunthorpe though and will do his usual 7 average.

I agree but last season I kept reading on how he couldn't find his set ups.David Howe sorted him at Poole and he said he went like a rocket so maybe he can sort him again.also I prefer him at 4 not 5

Welcome back Jake & definitely a team man often sitting behind his team mate, whether at no4 or no5. He got caught out a few times on last laps but it was still nice to see him help a team mate across the line.

I read a bit about set up issues not just for us but also his team in the Premiership. it seems strange when reading of riders at all levels chasing set ups over a full meetings, noting the changes down & reason why & if it works. D Howe, like S Stead does at Sheffield, could help out enormously. Even GP riders change bikes in a meeting & there is a thread on why Zmarzlik gets it right at the end of meetings.

39 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

I agree but last season I kept reading on how he couldn't find his set ups.David Howe sorted him at Poole and he said he went like a rocket so maybe he can sort him again.also I prefer him at 4 not 5

He's ok at 4 when you have 3 "heat leaders" but if he's part of a "top 2" I'd 100% have him at 5.

5 hours ago, thebaron said:

Delighted to have Jake back integral part of the club. Arguably our best "team rider," as he demonstrated on more than the odd occasion when paired with Nathan Abliit last season. In next seasons Championship he can definitely up his 7.16 average

4 hours ago, eric i said:

Staying at the same level in 2024, will mean Allen's average going up (weaker league).

With heat leaders missing, it should be at the top end of teams that the biggest average rises occur.

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Good rider but inconsistent.IMO.

Hardest part of speedway consistancy, I see gp guys failing this in uk and polish tracks, everything needs to come together,he will be top 5 in championship av at seasons end,he will want a premiership ride,rides his average on all tracks

Edited by Spiderman1

1 hour ago, Spiderman1 said:

Hardest part of speedway consistancy, I see gp guys failing this in uk and polish tracks, everything needs to come together,he will be top 5 in championship av at seasons end,he will want a premiership ride,rides his average on all tracks

He won’t be in Top 5 on 7+ average.Even although some Gp guys were  inconsistent most were around 8.5+.and that’s Premiership.

Edited by Fromafar