British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

While Mountain didn't score so many points in the top 5 compared to riding at number 7, I'd hardly call a 5.4 rider weak! Especially if you consider Thomsen didn't reach 4.0 for Birmingham when he last rode over here.

Maybe next season in a weaker league he will improve but he has been quite inconsistent in the past.

13 hours ago, foreverblue said:

No convincing needed, Poole are a good team even with Thomsen, Scunthorpe have  riders like Howarth and MPT who need to improve quite a bit from last season.

Riders that are only 0.7 & 0.4 behind your heat leaders. One raced on a very small track trying to get accustomed to with a poor performing team decimated by injuries with the use of many guests(partners) & another who had a very bad ankle injury.

On 12/28/2023 at 10:19 PM, foreverblue said:

Howarth is the weakest number one in the league, I would take Hagon over Ablitt anyday and Poole have the best top 4 in the league, Tobias Thomsen maybe a weak but then so is Mountain.

Hagon is way too much of a crasher and injury prone so running that very likely risk could prove fatal to Poole. Along with Perry, who’s just recovering from a nasty injury and a potential knock to his confidence. So in my opinion Ablitt is far better than him and should dominate at the reserve spot if he rides like we’ve see week in week out. Harrison will do fine round the ewr and lambo will get a max every week 

• Like 1

I'm surprised by some comments saying Mountain is weak / needs to step up this year etc. Don't forget Mountain is being signed as the weaker second string, while he & Scunthorpe will hope he improves, I don't think the team will depend on him to have a decent season.

As a number 5 (5th highest average) Mountain is the strongest in the league, with a better average than "number 4s" at every track bar Poole.

The more I think of it Lambert & Mountain could be the strongest second string pair in the league? Although Workington's duo have the "potential" to challenge that.

Edited by szkocjasid

4 hours ago, scorpion61 said:

Hagon is way too much of a crasher and injury prone so running that very likely risk could prove fatal to Poole. Along with Perry, who’s just recovering from a nasty injury and a potential knock to his confidence. So in my opinion Ablitt is far better than him and should dominate at the reserve spot if he rides like we’ve see week in week out. Harrison will do fine round the ewr and lambo will get a max every week 

Bit early to say Hagon is a crasher at his age, I think he has potential to be a decent rider, Ablitt is better than him at the moment but as a pair I think Hagon and Perry could be better than Ablitt and Harrison, we will have to see how it pans out. Lambo nearly got a max at Poole in the cup!

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm surprised by some comments saying Mountain is weak / needs to step up this year etc. Don't forget Mountain is being signed as the weaker second string, while he & Scunthorpe will hope he improves, I don't think the team will depend on him to have a decent season.

As a number 5 (5th highest average) Mountain is the strongest in the league, with a better average than "number 4s" at every track bar Poole.

The more I think of it Lambert & Mountain could be the strongest second string pair in the league? Although Workington's duo have the "potential" to challenge that.

Maybe I got that wrong but he is quite inconsistent, he can get 7 or 2 in a meeting which is why he ends up with 5 overall. Also I don't think he has any improvement in him whereas riders like Bailey and Edwards at Redcar still have plenty to come.

Nathan Ablitt average 3.00 minus 2.5% british reduction = 2.925 rounded up =2.93???

Am I missing something or is it rounded down in the best interests of British/scunthorpe speedway!!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Bit early to say Hagon is a crasher at his age, I think he has potential to be a decent rider, Ablitt is better than him at the moment but as a pair I think Hagon and Perry could be better than Ablitt and Harrison, we will have to see how it pans out. Lambo nearly got a max at Poole in the cup!

Yeah, look at Jason Doyle when he was young and at Poole. Always crashing. They just tend to go for gaps maybe they shouldn't. Also remember Batch crashing when he was half a lap ahead! 

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, look at Jason Doyle when he was young and at Poole. Always crashing. They just tend to go for gaps maybe they shouldn't. Also remember Batch crashing when he was half a lap ahead! 

Haha yes, Doyley still crashes quite a bit! Batch being half a lap ahead is a very distant memory!  At Hagon's age you don't want to take away his desire to go for gaps.

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

47 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Maybe I got that wrong but he is quite inconsistent, he can get 7 or 2 in a meeting which is why he ends up with 5 overall. Also I don't think he has any improvement in him whereas riders like Bailey and Edwards at Redcar still have plenty to come.

That's a fair argument. If Redcar get a big improvement from those 2, expect them to be in the play-offs

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Haha yes, Doyley still crashes quite a bit! Batch being half a lap ahead is a very distant memory!  At Hagon's age you don't want to take away his desire to go for gaps.

That's true. Let's hope he calculates them well! 

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Nathan Ablitt average 3.00 minus 2.5% british reduction = 2.925 rounded up =2.93???

Am I missing something or is it rounded down in the best interests of British/scunthorpe speedway!!!!

Yep and yep

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Made that point yesterday, can’t believe that there hasn’t been more said on it. They’re over the limit as far as I’m concerned.

3 minutes ago, GM95 said:

Made that point yesterday, can’t believe that there hasn’t been more said on it. They’re over the limit as far as I’m concerned.

It does seem that way,:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, lewy said:

2.5 percent of 3.00 is 0.075 rounded up to 0.08 means he’s 2.92 do you seriously think the other promoters would allow this if it wasn’t the correct way of working it out