British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

8 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Starting to clear up a bit now...

I got very heavy rain here currently, just outside Cumbernauld!!

17 minutes ago, cheggie said:

I got very heavy rain here currently, just outside Cumbernauld!!

Yup need a canoe to navigate York Street far as I can see from my window. everyone knows it's already been called off right?

Bojangles, my quote got yours in by mistake. My Wow was to more towards Oxford might not have Scott Nicholls & the team Redcar had to put out at Oxford with 4 guests. Sorry for the confusion 

Don’t forget Sam Masters in Polish League 2 Final on Saturday afternoon.

17 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Bojangles, my quote got yours in by mistake. My Wow was to more towards Oxford might not have Scott Nicholls & the team Redcar had to put out at Oxford with 4 guests. Sorry for the confusion 

Ah OK, no worries. All good.

22 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Blue skies, streets starting to dry up., nice breeze too atm. Personally, I think they made the wrong call on this one.

Further rain forecast at 5.30pm

11 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Further rain forecast at 5.30pm

All i'm seeing is a 50% chance of a light shower at 7pm

Currently sunny and warm + breezy

Edited by Nickinho

4 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

The simplest thing to do is for Glasgow to go to Redcar and lose. That way everyone will be happy. The season fizzles out and clubs and riders lose out financially. But maybe, just maybe this will be the catalyst to do away with play offs.

Don't think they will ever do that (sadly). Last year there was 10 play-off matches, this year it's up to 14. If they think they'll struggle for dates, top 4 knockout is only 6 matches!

Perfect weather for speedway. 

Sunny, warm, breezy.

Very poor decision imo. What was stopping them waiting until 2pm or 3pm? Oxford isn't exactly on the other side of the world. I struggle to make sense of some of these postponement decisions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I agree Torun has been on the diary all year!No way will Oxford go to Glasgow without Scott unless they can track a rider who would cover well enough, Lawson?

Yes it has been in the diary all season - for GP riders. Absolutely farcical if a facility was given for a TV presenter. Is he a speedway rider or not?

6 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

The simplest thing to do is for Glasgow to go to Redcar and lose. That way everyone will be happy. The season fizzles out and clubs and riders lose out financially. But maybe, just maybe this will be the catalyst to do away with play offs.

Hopefully it's the catalyst to stop clubs messing around with their fixtures every season. This isn't a solely Glasgow issue, Championship fixtures should not be stretching across 5 months. There are 9 teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nickinho said:

Sunny, warm, breezy.

Very poor decision imo. What was stopping them waiting until 2pm or 3pm? Oxford isn't exactly on the other side of the world. I struggle to make sense of some of these postponement decisions.

Don't really see what gain from continuing to bring it up either tbh. Every forecast I looked at this morning had rain after 5 which has moved back slightly through the day. Most of which still saying showers between 7 & 10. If were standing in stands and started hammering down we'd all be whinging not called off early. 

6 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Sunny, warm, breezy.

Poor decision to call off then! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Sunny, warm, breezy.

They know if it spits rain At 7.00 the riders won’t take the bikes out the van though.Oxford is not round the corner that you seem too think.

Edited by Fromafar