British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Edinburgh and Scunny both already riding Friday. I guess if Friday is a real option then Rory Schlein would be the only reasonable guest.

Good catch. Missed that one. I really don't know then, it's very unsatisfactory ending to the season 

5 minutes ago, J-D said:

Was Tarasenko due to be missing tonight? Some talk (purely that) he was wasn’t on his morning flight suggests they either they told him not to bother as it was going to be called off or it was a tactical rain off as no Vissing  as well.

Either way gutting for the  end of season format and the fans. Let’s hope they can agree a date with full strength teams. 

Tweet or whatever it's called now went out at 8, assume decision made before that so I'd assume told him not to bother.

On a side note bit stalkerish folk checking flight manifests nowadays looking for their conspiracy theory 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Edinburgh and Scunny both already riding Friday. I guess if Friday is a real option then Rory Schlein would be the only reasonable guest.

Wednesday and Thursday are a washout, Friday evening is also forecasting rain in the west of Scotland so if Glasgow are to stage this it will probably have to be Saturday and Nicholls will have to hand over his microphone to someone else and turn out for the speedway team he signed a contract with at the start of the season. As handsome as he may be it's not like anyone watches the GP's to see Scott Nicholls so I doubt he will be badly missed by the TV company or their viewers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

It didn't seem to with the pairs. But as you can use any 2 of your top 3 for that, you may well be right.

Scott doesn't seem too convinced about the call off.

https://x.com/scottnicholls78/status/1706628137050624012?s=20

He's been spending too much time with Kelvin - he either moaned when it was on or moaned when it was called off too

The weather looks pretty miserable in Redcar on Wednesday as well, so that throws another spanner in the works. If it’s called off, who gets priority re-staging their home meeting first - if say Saturday is the only feasible day for both meetings? 

The rules were meetings must be completed by end of September. Redcar forced to go to Oxford last Sunday cannot be undone so it’s Saturday or bust. No extensions at this late stage as not fair on Redcar

17 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Can't they just race first week in October like they have for the last 15 yrs. 

I’m 95% sure that’s exactly what will happen!

1 minute ago, bringbackHalifax said:

The rules were meetings must be completed by end of September. Redcar forced to go to Oxford last Sunday cannot be undone so it’s Saturday or bust. No extensions at this late stage as not fair on Redcar

Who forced Redcar? Maybe they agreed. Flint wasn’t a bad guest for Riss, so was just Bailey that was the issue, no? 

36 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Wednesday and Thursday are a washout, Friday evening is also forecasting rain in the west of Scotland so if Glasgow are to stage this it will probably have to be Saturday and Nicholls will have to hand over his microphone to someone else and turn out for the speedway team he signed a contract with at the start of the season. As handsome as he may be it's not like anyone watches the GP's to see Scott Nicholls so I doubt he will be badly missed by the TV company or their viewers.

Are you serious?! Please don’t question Scott’s integrity he has been nothing but professional at Oxford this year. He has ridden through some devastating times for him and his family, when many others would have pulled out of meetings.

How do you know when he signed his contract with Discovery may be that was first. I’m Oxford through and through and yes I would love for Scott to be able to ride but if he is contracted to be with Discovery I understand that as the GP dates have been fixed for 12 months at least. 

23 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Where are these rules? Has anyone ever seen then written down anywhere?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beirao said:

Where are these rules? Has anyone ever seen then written down anywhere?

Back of a fag packet same as all speedway rules I'd have thought 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Back of a fag packet same as all speedway rules I'd have thought 

Lambert and Lambert! Shame there isnt a Butler in speedway!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Lambert and Lambert! Shame there isnt a Butler in speedway!

That reminds me of the Benson & Hedges scene in Mike Bassett  :D

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That reminds me of the Benson & Hedges scene in Mike Bassett  :D

Yes that is what I meant, when he said Benson on the right and Hedges on the left and a journo said who else is in the team Lambert and Butler!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Haha 1