British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

22 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

You're both right and wrong here........I think! 

Lee could, in theory, take all 4 rider replacement rides, as a reserve.

Obviously he technically wouldn't as that would be Lee's 4 programmed plus Lee taking all 4 RRs = 8.

So if Lee took all 4 RRs then Ace would need to take one of Lee's programmed rides which would end up Ace having 5 rides on the night, which wasn't wanted. 

So I think you're right that Ace was compelled, on that night, to take his 4 programmed rides, at least but he wasn't compelled to take any RR rides. 

Happy for anyone to contradict. 

I think in a normal meeting, you would be correct. But as there was a number 8 present, he could have taken the rides meaning Ace only needed the three rides to satisfy the regulations.

4 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I think in a normal meeting, you would be correct. But as there was a number 8 present, he could have taken the rides meaning Ace only needed the three rides to satisfy the regulations.

How does a No8 actually work?

Could a No8 have 7 rides? 

Assuming you're right then WTF was Broon thinking? 

I can’t remember what the exact scenario was - my memory is suggesting it happened at Berwick - but I’m almost certain Ian Steel lost his job at Glasgow for a decision he made at Shielfield Park in 2004 or 2005.

I’m not suggesting Cami Brown should lose his job; he’s on the brink of a league title, but in a sinister way, he was lucky Pijper crashed in heat twelve. If he hadn’t, I’m fairly confident Oxford would have shared that heat which wouldn’t only have impacted the momentum of the meeting, but the result too. A baffling decison.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

I believe they can come in at any point, like a reserve switch. No protected heats in this league. The only difference is 6 and 7 must have 3 rides, 8 can have 0.

There's probably nothing to stop them coming in heat 15 if you send someone through the tapes and replace them rather than go off 15 metres...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I believe they can come in at any point, like a reserve switch. No protected heats in this league. The only difference is 6 and 7 must have 3 rides, 8 can have 0.

There's probably nothing to stop them coming in heat 15 if you send someone through the tapes and replace them rather than go off 15 metres...

Just a general rule question..... 

A tape touching doesn't count as a ride does it? 

If it does then that's a recipe for some jiggery pokery. 

13 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Almost any ride!

SR 012.4.4  f) A rider nominated as an AR may, at the Team Managers discretion, take any ride at any time in heats 1-14, apart from the protected riders position in heats 2 and 8. Whilst the minimum ride rule does not apply, the maximum number of rides is 7.

Think this rule is only for the NDL league,  worky used it when luke Harrison came back from injury he rode at No8 , have not seen it used in any other league,  think if it was a rule someone would have tried to use it before now ?

8 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Depends if the culprit goes off 15mtrs or not

50 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Also up to what average can a number 8 be? 

5 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Also up to what average can a number 8 be? 

I'm sure I saw earlier in this thread or another that it is <=4.00.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

If replaced, no.

29 minutes ago, Neila said:

Think this rule is only for the NDL league,  worky used it when luke Harrison came back from injury he rode at No8 , have not seen it used in any other league,  think if it was a rule someone would have tried to use it before now ?

No protected heats in Championship (I think), but taking a #8 will probably cost because he's likely not getting a ride so won't want to pay out of his own pocket.

Just looking at the programme & realise Cammi Brown must be the jammiest team manager in Speedway, after making a horrendous decision to I give Pijper a 4th ride, gets a second chance with Complin in the re-run. If Pijper has finished 4th or fallen & not allowed in the re-run the match would have finished 50-40.

I can only imagine the grief Cammi would have got it Oxford win the stupid heat, he's a very lucky man.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

You're both right and wrong here........I think! 

Lee could, in theory, take all 4 rider replacement rides, as a reserve.

Obviously he technically wouldn't as that would be Lee's 4 programmed plus Lee taking all 4 RRs = 8.

So if Lee took all 4 RRs then Ace would need to take one of Lee's programmed rides which would end up Ace having 5 rides on the night, which wasn't wanted. 

So I think you're right that Ace was compelled, on that night, to take his 4 programmed rides, at least but he wasn't compelled to take any RR rides. 

Happy for anyone to contradict. 

Lee could have taken 4 r/r outings, which would have meant Ace having to take 5 rides, but that would never happen as Brennan & Tarasenko were always gonna get an r/r outing.

Wether Complin took 2 r/r outings or Pijper took 2 (or 1 each) Ace still only needed to take 3 races.

On 10/3/2023 at 9:00 PM, Gazc said:

Can’t understand why no Complin in heat 12 strange call.

Does anyone actually ask Cami Brown afterwards why he had originally left Pijper in when he could have brought Complin in?

This could have crucially resulted in Oxford winning overall.

Alex Harkess has explained unpopular managerial tactical decisions he has made in the next Monarchs match programme.

Does Brown ever publically explain his actions or is he untouchable?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Does anyone actually ask Cami Brown afterwards why he had originally left Pijper in when he could have brought Complin in?

This could have crucially resulted in Oxford winning overall.

Alex Harkess has explained unpopular managerial tactical decisions he has made in the next Monarchs match programme.

Does Brown ever publically explain his actions or is he untouchable?

His answer would be”his name was in the programme” I reckon.

• Haha 1