British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

8 hours ago, cyclone said:

Does anyone actually ask Cami Brown afterwards why he had originally left Pijper in when he could have brought Complin in?

This could have crucially resulted in Oxford winning overall.

Alex Harkess has explained unpopular managerial tactical decisions he has made in the next Monarchs match programme.

Does Brown ever publically explain his actions or is he untouchable?

I have never saw him explain any decisions he makes wether on social media or in the programme.

The main issue is that everyone and I mean everyone could see Complin should have replaced Ace in heat 12.

The biggest worry is that the man entrusted with the decision making couldn’t see this was the call he had to make , It really could have cost us the tie and he got lucky with the all 4 back decision.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I have never saw him explain any decisions he makes wether on social media or in the programme.

The main issue is that everyone and I mean everyone could see Complin should have replaced Ace in heat 12.

The biggest worry is that the man entrusted with the decision making couldn’t see this was the call he had to make , It really could have cost us the tie and he got lucky with the all 4 back decision.

He occasionally posts on the Facebook page/group if he gets a lot of stick.Maybe once a season. He did it last year when he got stick for heat 15 choices against Poole. The response was basically "I had no choice". That's the usual response!

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

He occasionally posts on the Facebook page/group if he gets a lot of stick.Maybe once a season. He did it last year when he got stick for heat 15 choices against Poole. The response was basically "I had no choice". That's the usual response!

Seem to remember him writing in the programme, probably a couple of years ago, that he didn't make a change because he would have been criticised if it didn't work. Surely thats what the team managers job is all about. 

Update : it was the meeting v Scunthorpe June 2022, defending his decision not to replace Danyon Hume with Broc Nicol. 

Edited by Beirao
Spelling
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

His answer would be”his name was in the programme” I reckon.

I asked and he said that as Ace had done ok in his previous ride, Ace wanted to race, I do think that TM should be a bit more ruthless when necessary, as Ace falling and all 4 back, and him subsequently withdrawn, was definitely a get out of jail free card, I also think Jack Smith should have got a run but not in that heat

Glasgow’s biggest problem in the final could well be cami brown, in the heat of battle he doesn’t think clearly like the experienced middleditch. He makes a lot of errors like in the above fixture surely he must have someone in his ear helping him, I still think Poole will win and I wouldn’t be surprised if big cami gave them a helping hand.

Edited by Mike0310
  • Haha 1

Let's look forward. We have qualified for the final and who thought after heat 4 we would have done so. The most important thing is no mistakes, exclusions, falls, etc over both legs and lets see where that takes us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weeyin said:

I asked and he said that as Ace had done ok in his previous ride, Ace wanted to race, I do think that TM should be a bit more ruthless when necessary, as Ace falling and all 4 back, and him subsequently withdrawn, was definitely a get out of jail free card, I also think Jack Smith should have got a run but not in that heat

While he had a point.But Lee was in much better form should have putLee in Ht 12 if things got better or went wrong could have put Ace out in Ht 14.Poor Management IMO.Like you say got out of jail.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Let's look forward. We have qualified for the final and who thought after heat 4 we would have done so. The most important thing is no mistakes, exclusions, falls, etc over both legs and lets see where that takes us.

Unless those falls allow Complin to take another race lol!

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

While he had a point.But Lee was in much better form should have putLee in Ht 12 if things got better or went wrong could have put Ace out in Ht 14.Poor Management IMO.Like you say got out of jail.

100% agree with that, have seen it before (Pearson at Birmingham) with weaker reserves allowed their 4th ride in heat 12, when the match is still alive. No reason not to put in the stronger rider & if the match is won or lost before heat 14, give the weaker rider his 4th ride then?