British Speedway Forum

31 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Not convinced about Kerr myself on that average. Had an easy season riding at 3 for most of it and not being relied upon in heat 15 due to Masters and Nicholls has inflated that average. 

Schlein was a must for me, good average, showed he still has it.

Totally agree 

• Like 1

I could see Kerr maintaining in what should be a weakened league but not much improvement there! Rory is the one that could improve more in 2024 IMO. Was a bit of a saviour for us on the road especially with the season just gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RogerM22 said:

Why? Glasgow have, and spend, more money than most other clubs - why be so defensive about it? 

Nobody knows do they it’s only assumption.

55 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Not convinced about Kerr myself on that average. Had an easy season riding at 3 for most of it and not being relied upon in heat 15 due to Masters and Nicholls has inflated that average. 

Is there such a thing as a good average.

Stewart will have Berwick difficult to beat at home as he says , that is all the majority of fans ask.

Anything they pick up on the road is a bonus.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I think Schlein on a 7.5 is a ‘good average’, had virtually no help this season away from home, and got much better at home after his injury. Was consistently scoring double figures away from home all season. Very happy with him at number 5.

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

For me someone like Tom Brennan, a 3rd heat leader who spent the majority of the season at number 5, would be on a good average. It would be the same as signing Alfie Bowtell to use at reserve as his average was gained in a second string position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Kerr should keep his average (in a weaker league) but I wouldn't expect it to improve, as you point out he's moving from number 3 to number 1.

But, he's given Berwick a stronger top end in a weaker league, something Bandits fans aren't used to having recently.

34 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I think Schlein on a 7.5 is a ‘good average’, had virtually no help this season away from home, and got much better at home after his injury. Was consistently scoring double figures away from home all season. Very happy with him at number 5.

Rory is a good signing.Also happy with Lewi given the watered down league.Think we know another who another couple will be.We need an improver though.

51 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Nobody knows do they it’s only assumption.

Speedway isn't a big sport let's be honest, if people know what footballers are earning then we almost certainly know what speedway riders are earning too.

Just now, RogerM22 said:

Speedway isn't a big sport let's be honest, if people know what footballers are earning then we almost certainly know what speedway riders are earning too.

Possibly but I certainly don’t and have no desire to know, it just becomes a bit tiresome when this rhetoric gets used.

I can understand why to certain extent but obviously teams work to a budget if ours is higher why should it matter?.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

Well I almost certainly don’t……..and I don’t think you do either……but if I’m wrong, just post on here everything you know about riders’ wages and clubs’ finances then we can all be in the loop. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RogerM22 said:

Why? Glasgow have, and spend, more money than most other clubs - why be so defensive about it? 

Another one of the facenna's accountants posting on here. My god they go through some amount of them :drink:

Regards Leon, rider discusses terms with 2 clubs.. oh the humanity how dare he. Blobby pulled exact same chat last winter with ace until Mrs P shot him down. It's clearly an obsession 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’d suggest the bulk of the money at Glasgow goes on the facilities, not the riders. Riders might be set up well, e.g., with a little help when they sign, but points money is capped and the riders aren’t all awash with cash - some struggle, just like at other clubs.

Anyway, since this is the Berwick thread, I like the signing of Kerr. Good to see his average hasn’t left him out in the cold.