British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nah disagree with you on this one, Harris guesting against Ipswich after guesting FOR Ipswich in the semi is just plain daft. 

Even more so when a rider in a team that is in the play offs can't guest after their team is knocked out. But a rider whose team hasn't qualified for the play offs is allowed to represent 2 clubs.

But hey sums the "sport" up in this country....

:rolleyes:

Here's hoping Harris has the same incentive as when he rode for the Witches in the play offs .. to do the opposite against the Witches 

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Of course they do, they have no choice but to use guests i totally agree . I've followed both Sheffield and Ipswich keenly past 2 seasons with the Swindon connections but I do believe you should be made to use the guests in the final that got you through and not adopt a horses for courses policy , barring injury to the guests already used . To me it's like taking out an out of form rider and replacing them after the cut off point in this case Harris who flew round Ippo . 

we should have used Harris at Wolves and last night, he would have equalled Lawsons scores, but then everyone would be up in arms because Harris helped Sheffield and Ipswich qualify for the final, also the eight day rule stops us using Lawson and Mountain next Thursday and would have stopped us using Harris if we had used him last night, suspend that and people would be complaining

With three riders injured Sheffield cant win in any situation

10 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

we should have used Harris at Wolves and last night, he would have equalled Lawsons scores, but then everyone would be up in arms because Harris helped Sheffield and Ipswich qualify for the final, also the eight day rule stops us using Lawson and Mountain next Thursday and would have stopped us using Harris if we had used him last night, suspend that and people would be complaining

With three riders injured Sheffield cant win in any situation

I think they will use Etheridge for the home leg. I think overall they have benefitted from losing Vissing, Lambert is riding at least as well as Tai or Tobi and Harris was terrific at Ipswich in the semi so will be a good replacement 

3 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Sheffield look strong.

I think Ipswich will sin by 6 points, which won't be enough.

Thought Sheffield were supposed to be the sinners.:D

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Calm v Panic

Fairness v Manipulation

Good v Evil

Cmon the Witches ! 

uninjured V injured 

jack holder,Tobi ,tai , dan  (and vissing)  CANNOT ride ...... therefore Sheffield have only FOUR riders fit . what is your suggestion/answer to this scenario ???  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The SAINT said:

uninjured V injured 

jack holder,Tobi ,tai , dan  (and vissing)  CANNOT ride ...... therefore Sheffield have only FOUR riders fit . what is your suggestion/answer to this scenario ???  

i have asked this question in numerous topics, no one has replied with a solution except Sheffield shouldn't be allowed to be in the playoffs because of their injuries

no comments from Ipswich supporters about them using two guests in one match against Belle Vue and one guest in the other

Perhaps Belle Vue and Wolves should have been seeded to the final as they didn't need to use guests

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The SAINT said:

uninjured V injured 

My suggestion for Sheffield wouldn't pass the forum filters :P

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

i have asked this question in numerous topics, no one has replied with a solution except Sheffield shouldn't be allowed to be in the playoffs because of their injuries

no comments from Ipswich supporters about them using two guests in one match against Belle Vue and one guest in the other

Perhaps Belle Vue and Wolves should have been seeded to the final as they didn't need to use guests

Tip of the iceberg.....

Just carry on in your see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil bubble

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Tip of the iceberg.....

Just carry on in your see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil bubble

So i will ask again, what's the solution for Sheffield, and what should the solution for Ipswich in the semi final have been

20 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

10 man squads for next season

An extra rising star, then a choice between sharing the no.1 spot, or an additional heat leader avg below their stated no.1 and an additional 2nd string

Guests and RR at an absolute must if you have 4 riders injured in your 10 rider squad

For example, Ipswich

1. Sayfutdinov 

2. Riss

3. Douglas

4. B. Cook

5. Doyle

6. Rew

7. D Thompson

HL Res 8. King - covers any missing heat leader who has a higher average

SS Res 9. Hume - covers any 2nd string or Reserve who has a higher average 

RS Res 10. J. Thompson - covers for any missing reserve or rising star 

Worst case scenario if Doyle and Emil were missing together 

King comes in for Emil, 4th highest avg becomes 3rd heat leader and Hume comes in as a 2nd string or no.6

9 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

So i will ask again, what's the solution for Sheffield, and what should the solution for Ipswich in the semi final have been

Sheffield  - Not use an illegal guest (Lambert) for starters. As I say tip of the iceberg and so much more than just the play off picture

Ipswich - Potentially should've been only RR available. I even posted on the semi thread that RR was my preferred option. Harris guesting though, whilst undesirable, was 100% within the regs as they stand

12 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Sheffield  - Not use an illegal guest (Lambert) for starters. As I say tip of the iceberg and so much more than just the play off picture

Ipswich - Potentially should've been only RR available. I even posted on the semi thread that RR was my preferred option. Harris guesting though, whilst undesirable, was 100% within the regs as they stand

So wolves will appeal then if Lambert is illegal then ? Will the final be delayed while this happens ? 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

10 man squads for next season

An extra rising star, then a choice between sharing the no.1 spot, or an additional heat leader avg below their stated no.1 and an additional 2nd string

Guests and RR at an absolute must if you have 4 riders injured in your 10 rider squad

For example, Ipswich

1. Sayfutdinov 

2. Riss

3. Douglas

4. B. Cook

5. Doyle

6. Rew

7. D Thompson

HL Res 8. King - covers any missing heat leader who has a higher average

SS Res 9. Hume - covers any 2nd string or Reserve who has a higher average 

RS Res 10. J. Thompson - covers for any missing reserve or rising star 

Worst case scenario if Doyle and Emil were missing together 

King comes in for Emil, 4th highest avg becomes 3rd heat leader and Hume comes in as a 2nd string or no.6

Why would Danny King sit on the  sidelines not earning in the top league for year. I don't know  were to start pulling your idea apart..but it's insane if think your going to find  7 Danny King types who are just going to wait to earn money  for a call up in case a rider gets injured.. its just  the normal when someone moans about the current rules  they come up with ideas that can't work in practice.

Edited by orion

Lambert and Harris confirmed for Sheffield for both legs! 

Mountain at Sheffield and Etheridge at Ipswich

But yet, the only reason why Ipswich are even in the final is due to a Peterborough team (that made as many, if not more changes than Sheffield) winning an unlikely tie on aggregate against Leicester after improving their team massively. 

But of course, that was all fine!!

Sheffield made changes when certain riders were underperforming, Ipswich didn't despite many fans calling for King (at that point) and Riss to go. 

Are Sheffield any stronger with guests than with Tai and Tobi, not on paper but could be. Are they any stronger than the first team put together, not really. 

It is what it is!! Lets just hope for a great close final and may the best team win! 

• Like 3