British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

If Glasgow gets called off again - there is rain forecast during the day, then Harris can guest again.  Have the line-ups been confirmed yet?

25 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

If Glasgow gets called off again - there is rain forecast during the day, then Harris can guest again.  Have the line-ups been confirmed yet?

Not if he is already in Glasgow because I doubt they will call it off early as forecast isnt great all week

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Do we know who is guesting for Sheffield tomorrow, Lambert, Lawson and Mountain I assume.

Neither team are saying anything at the moment

13 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Neither team are saying anything at the moment

Exactly!

12 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Exactly!

Glasgow are promoting tomorrows meeting so they are not planning a rain off and Oxford have got team news with Harris riding for Glasgow

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Do we know who is guesting for Sheffield tomorrow, Lambert, Lawson and Mountain I assume.

Definitely Lambert and Mountain… I’d assume it would be Lawson, but you never really know with this sport haha. They’ll probably swing it to get Jack Holder back in somehow :D

• Like 1

I can see Stead now, red hot phone in hand going through his list of guests.....

10 minutes ago, Badge said:

I can see Stead now, red hot phone in hand going through his list of guests.....

On Sheffield website meeting preview it's saying Lawson is guesting 

13 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

On Sheffield website meeting preview it's saying Lawson is guesting 

Predictable, stay safe Richard.

19 hours ago, 2ndbend said:

I just wonder how many more seasons the BSPA are going the let Lambert ride the last few meetings so he can keep his low false average. I guess adding his meetings from the last 2 seasons together to get a rolling average would be to hard for them to work out !!!!

Officially, Lambert has ridden only one league match - others are as a guest, and/or in play-offs, which don't count.

19 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

I don't understand why play-off meetings are not included for averages.

The same reason that KOC-Up matches aren't included, i.e. because that would create an imbalance in the number of meetings per team. It doesn't quite work out like that, simply because of injuries, line-up changes, etc., but that's the principle behind it.

10 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Officially, Lambert has ridden only one league match - others are as a guest, and/or in play-offs, which don't count.

Really surely he has ridden more than that this season.