British Speedway Forum

37 minutes ago, fatface said:

I don’t think he will win it again. But as a three time champion, he’s earned the benefit of the doubt. 

I agree, he probably won't win it again, but on form he is well capable off taking positions of Zmarzlik. That gives other capable of winning more of a chance.  I don't think Freddie or Leo have much time left either, but both will be capable for a year or two.  The new challenge will come from Dan, Jack, and Robert.....but not for a couple of years yet.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheReturn said:

Wildcards should only ever be reserved for riders who were on target for qualification but injury prevented. 

If you want the strongest lineup, then that is always likely to include riders who finished outside the Top 6.

14 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I agree, he probably won't win it again, but on form he is well capable off taking positions of Zmarzlik. That gives other capable of winning more of a chance.  I don't think Freddie or Leo have much time left either, but both will be capable for a year or two.  The new challenge will come from Dan, Jack, and Robert.....but not for a couple of years yet.

I think Jack may be ready next year...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Can’t argue with that. Saying Woffinden should be gone is like saying Hamilton and Alonso should be out of F1. All time greats, probably past their best, but still comfortably among the elite.

• Like 2

I’m not a fan of his but I genuinely feel that Fricke has been hard done by. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Lioness said:

He's been disappointing this year, but I have to agree...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lioness said:

Max rode at Toruń with a broken wrist. It is alleged he was considering pulling out of the meeting but was informed that would jeopardise his chance of getting a wild card. Fat good that did him. He must be severely irritated by the politics of the organisers including a 28 year old Latvian and a 30 year old German ahead of him. 9th in the World is not good enough for the GPs it seems. 

Is there any chance of Emil and Artem riding in the Speedway European Championships?

The organisers of that event could put together a great line up.

Sayufutdinov

Laguta

Janowski

Kolodziej

Thomsen

Fricke

6 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Is there any chance of Emil and Artem riding in the Speedway European Championships?

The organisers of that event could put together a great line up.

Sayufutdinov

Laguta

Janowski

Kolodziej

Thomsen

Fricke

If you think Fricke  is an European then you are madder than i thought you were lol

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Max rode at Toruń with a broken wrist. It is alleged he was considering pulling out of the meeting but was informed that would jeopardise his chance of getting a wild card. Fat good that did him. He must be severely irritated by the politics of the organisers including a 28 year old Latvian and a 30 year old German ahead of him. 9th in the World is not good enough for the GPs it seems. 

But that's why only the top six 'qualify'

11 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I just checked the Eurovision Song Contest website and he definitely is.

Brilliant reply.

The worst line up the GP series has seen for some time. It can be as simple as the best 15 riders in the world making up the field plus a wildcard each round. 

I may as well be riding in the series in Kvech’s place. I’d have as much chance of winning it. 

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Not qualifying for the GP challenge final from the semifinal, may not have helped

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

Not qualifying for the GP challenge final from the semifinal, may not have helped

That's the problem of qualifying rounds. Carry an injury, engine failure and you can be out in the blink of an eye. Happened on the lead up to one off world finals many times. That reality shows having human beings selecting who goes in and who comes out is a reasonable way of getting a GP line up. Problem then is every man and his dog on a forum want there voice heard. The selection committee has heard the call for fresh faces and delivered. Not to everyone's liking...but you asked, you got, suck it.