Zmarzlik coming back :party:

In our dreams! :D

Probably more likely to be 'Smolinski' ? :D

Be lindgren 

3 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Be lindgren 

And Ludvig at that lol.

• Haha 3

Nigel Tolley sounded very downbeat tonight. Plan is still to run Prem next year, but seemed very doubtful about reaching a satisfactory agreement with the landlords, and actually raised the spectre of tonight being the last ever meeting at Perry Barr.

• Sad 2

So sad. Plus i wouldn't be surprised if a certain prem side refuses to ride in the prem next year as well..

• Sad 1

I really hope Nigel can come to some sort of agreement with his landlord for 2024, but I get the feeling whatever happens Perry Barr Greyhound Stadium has a very limited life span left, so Nigel is left between a rock and a hard place. He seems to have very few options which appear to be remain at Perry Barr short term and probably (based on the last 4 years) lose more money, move on and go all out to find an alternative site I really don't envy him whatever he decides to do, Good luck.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I really feel sorry for Nigel. You’d think apart from the usual business like challenges running a speedway club would be fun. Running Birmingham Speedway feels almost like bordering on the impossible !

Edited by Deano
  • Like 2

In a summer in 2024 dominated by football and Olympics in the key main summer months it would be hard to attract floating supporters anyway. 

I think you might get 200 or so curious from Wolves and keen to see live Speedway but it's hard to justify Nigel losing another large sum for a further 12 months of uncertainty. 

Mayor and Councils talk a lot but it may take Wolves and Brummies closing to force the Mayor's hand in reelection year and similarly respective Councils. 

Worrying times as has been for a while... 

11 hours ago, arnieg said:

Nigel Tolley sounded very downbeat tonight. Plan is still to run Prem next year, but seemed very doubtful about reaching a satisfactory agreement with the landlords, and actually raised the spectre of tonight being the last ever meeting at Perry Barr.

It was a truly shocking and unhappy announcement. :unsure:

Edited by False dawn

Let's be honest I don't think tolley can have done much more to keep the brummies alive. He's been given stick on his rider choices but without him Birmingham would have been gone years ago. 

One of the main issue's is the lack of supporters. Its alright moaning about the landlord and what not but the support at Birmingham is absolutely terrible. You can have a great track, landlord and team but if the support is crap then what's the point?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Let's be honest I don't think tolley can have done much more to keep the brummies alive. He's been given stick on his rider choices but without him Birmingham would have been gone years ago. 

One of the main issue's is the lack of supporters. Its alright moaning about the landlord and what not but the support at Birmingham is absolutely terrible. You can have a great track, landlord and team but if the support is crap then what's the point?

Main trouble is the sport isn’t attracting newcomers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heathen52 said:

I really hope Nigel can come to some sort of agreement with his landlord for 2024, but I get the feeling whatever happens Perry Barr Greyhound Stadium has a very limited life span left, so Nigel is left between a rock and a hard place. He seems to have very few options which appear to be remain at Perry Barr short term and probably (based on the last 4 years) lose more money, move on and go all out to find an alternative site I really don't envy him whatever he decides to do, Good luck.

Tbf, he knew about these issues before he took over. 

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

Its his, or his teams job to get the support in though. Has he done enough?

Its been going downhill at B'ham since we lost Joe Mcgloughin the 'old' commercial manager.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, therefused said:

Its his, or his teams job to get the support in though. Has he done enough?

He has financially but seems to not be working.  It's mad to think that a club in Birmingham cant attract atleast a thousand supporters every week

• Like 1