British Speedway Forum

As a worky fan I just hope we have some speedway to watch, the NDL looks to only have a couple of teams that may run, Imo the comets need another year before they may be able to move up, only able to run afternoon meetings at weekends,  no lighting at the moment, so if they move up you have the extra costs of the new league plus cost of lighting, so imo not viable unfortunately 

• Thanks 1

Just listened to the Birmingham speedway podcast. Pretty much confirms that Birmingham will be in the prem next year and riders are already approaching the club. 80 % likely Brimingham will run next year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

Just listened to the Birmingham speedway podcast. Pretty much confirms that Birmingham will be in the prem next year and riders are already approaching the club. 80 % likely Brimingham will run next year. 

And 99% them not seeing the season out! Madness! They were on the brink in the CL. They must think they're going to pick up Wolves punters

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, iainb said:

And 99% them not seeing the season out! Madness! They were on the brink in the CL. They must think they're going to pick up Wolves punters

He said hopes for a few hundred from wolves which I think is a big ask. He also likes the idea of sponsorship on the TV along with the TV money as well. He didn't have a choice really and I completely agree I still don't think it will work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I haven't been to Birmingham for quite some time, but I do remember that the viewing outside was awful and not particulaly enjoyable. Not meant as a criticism, just an observation, they like Wolves have to make do with what they've got. In terms of Wolves fans, well, it does make you think. Wolves were closed in 1982 and 1983 and I went to 1 speedway meeting and that was at Birmingham, that despite the fact that Hans Nielsen rode there after Wolves and I was a big fan of his. Of course I might be an exception, but when it's not your own team its just not the same, fans of closed tracks tend to melt away.......................................................

Even if Wolves come back later at an out of town location I do wonder how many fans will make the effort. Currently I can walk to the track, so my view may be skewed. Having said I have been a fan though since 1967 I would definitley give it a go.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

Great news if true and shows their ambition.

17 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

I just think it will be the same structure with one team moving up to prem. That's it 

Maybe 2?

• Confused 1

If Birmingham do move up (likely) and with NT speaking with Mr Phil Morris I think it confirms the structure which I don't think will change. 

23 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Every year its the most important for the sport, however there won't be any major shake up as the promoters are in it for themselves not the sport apart from a select few

Oxford or Birmingham to move up 

Workington potentially to move up

NDL will likely struggle so something will need to be done there 

Most things are already agreed for 2024 next month just rubber stamps things, expect minimal changes 

Most things are already agreed for 2024 next month just rubber stamps things, expect minimal changes.

If that's the case, I'm assuming that Leicester would remain in the Premiership, but confirmation would needed from the new Lions owner. So, does anyone have reasonable source rumours on the new owner/s?

20 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Most things are already agreed for 2024 next month just rubber stamps things, expect minimal changes.

If that's the case, I'm assuming that Leicester would remain in the Premiership, but confirmation would needed from the new Lions owner. So, does anyone have reasonable source rumours on the new owner/s?

I do but cannot say. And believe me it's reliable. I ain't posting anything until I know it's signed. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

I do but cannot say. And believe me it's reliable. I ain't posting anything until I know it's signed. 

So you will let us all know when its official (and the information becomes public). Thanks for that.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

Of course you do and so the I'm in the know club silly season has started :rofl:

Edited by AceBelle

5 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

So you will let us all know when its official (and the information becomes public). Thanks for that.

Exactly :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

I said when it's signed. You dont sign a contract suddenly release a statement on the day :rofl:

14 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Of course do and so the I'm in the know club silly season has started :rofl:

Go on then spill spill spill....silly season is starting now I love it