British Speedway Forum

Watching the likes of Danyon Hume , Jason Edwards and Jordan Jenkins I was thinking that they would have been star riders in times past.

To complain that the standard is now too great for many riders seems a bit wierd but that is what it has become.

Talent isn’t good enough now it’s money and lots of it.

7 hours ago, therefused said:

But how often does the number one ride the opposing number 7?

Emil started the season at no5 so rode with a rising star in heat 4 at the start of the season.  Bewley moved to no 5 at end of season

• Like 1

With the rumoured struggle to produce a 6-team top UK league, is a UK/Denmark league a possibility? Would mean Wednesdays being added to Mon & Thur race nights

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Big Al said:

With the rumoured struggle to produce a 6-team top UK league, is a UK/Denmark league a possibility? Would mean Wednesdays being added to Mon & Thur race nights

Not much chance of that Happening.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 8:50 PM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Emil started the season at no5 so rode with a rising star in heat 4 at the start of the season.  Bewley moved to no 5 at end of season

Wouldn't mind if they changed the rule about having the highest average rider at number 1.

Could be that any rider with an 8 point average can race at number 1.

It possibly made Ipswich and Belle Vue slightly weaker when the teams changed (Jason better at 1 than at 5 and better round Ipswich than Emil).

If you don't have any riders above 8 then the highest average rider races at number 1.

6 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

Wouldn't mind if they changed the rule about having the highest average rider at number 1.

It possibly made Ipswich and Belle Vue slightly weaker when the teams changed (Jason better at 1 than at 5 and better round Ipswich than Emil).

If you don't have any riders above 8 then the highest average rider races at number 1.

You can’t have different rules for different teams

7 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

I’d prefer if you could have any of you top 5 ride in any order, bring back some team tactics.

• Like 1

Things should be kept as simple as possible. Convoluted rules turn most people off. None of this “if you best rider is a Sagittarius he can be your rising star but only if he eats two packets of chocolate buttons with the machine examiner before each meeting” rubbish. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

You can’t have different rules for different teams

Sure that is what it was when I first started going (could be wrong as I was quite young).

You started the season (if you wanted to) with one 8 point rider and if someone else in the team became an 8 point rider then you could choose who was at number 1.

Edited by Gambo95
Word added.
  • Confused 1

From the fallout of the AGM, it looks like we're going to be seeing a 7-team league next season:

Belle Vue Aces

Birmingham Brummies

Ipswich Witches

King's Lynn Stars

Leicester Lions

Oxford Cheetahs

Sheffield Tigers

4 hours ago, StarBoy said:

From the fallout of the AGM, it looks like we're going to be seeing a 7-team league next season:

Belle Vue Aces

Birmingham Brummies

Ipswich Witches

King's Lynn Stars

Leicester Lions

Oxford Cheetahs

Sheffield Tigers

Well if Oxford are riding in 2 leagues - as has been rumoured - then I hope they re-name one of the teams!! 

Scott Nicholls confirms he is only riding in Championship in 2024.

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Well if Oxford are riding in 2 leagues - as has been rumoured - then I hope they re-name one of the teams!! 

Scott Nicholls confirms he is only riding in Championship in 2024.

Perhaps Chris Harris could double up for both? Or has he already signed for Glasgow?