British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jonimac

Educate me - why does Zmarzlik get faster as meetings progress?

2 hours ago, Ben91 said:

The change of point scoring system in the GPs has taken away the importance of squeezing every point out of a meeting and placed the emphasis on reaching and winning finals. 

Therefore it’s no coincidence that Zmarzlik does what he needs to in the heats and then comes on strong for the clutch heats. IMO the scoring system should be changed back. It puts more jeopardy on every race of the series for each rider. In theory that would produce more competitive racing. 

IMO he would win whatever the scoring system !

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

You’re not wrong there. Head and shoulders the best rider in the world right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FAST GATER said:

I agree he probably still win.He is comfort mode most of the meeting with present point scoring system though.Every point should count IMO

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I agree he probably still win.He is comfort mode most of the meeting with present point scoring system though.Every point should count IMO

Every point does count when trying to make the semis?!? There's no system that Zmarzlik wouldn't make a semi final with. 

Everyone else just needs to be better & rough him up a bit. 

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Every point does count when trying to make the semis?!? There's no system that Zmarzlik wouldn't make a semi final with. 

It doesn’t count overall though,you just have to make semi to keep yourself in with a chance of getting to Final which is what matter regarding title.Maybe making every point count and just giving a few bonus points for Final would keep more riders in the running though.

• Like 1

i just wonder how Zmarzlik has so much speed compared to others ...

On 11/17/2023 at 9:12 PM, stevehone said:

i just wonder how Zmarzlik has so much speed compared to others ...

He’s not breaking track records,so maybe his set-up and skill comes into play.Whatever it is ,it’s good too watch.

On 11/20/2023 at 5:29 PM, Fromafar said:

He’s not breaking track records,so maybe his set-up and skill comes into play.Whatever it is ,it’s good too watch.

I agree.

On 11/17/2023 at 2:49 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Every point up to 8, sometimes 9 counts. Beyond that why take unnecessary risks. 

It’s not about finding a system that penalises Zmarzlik, it’s about the fact that a perfectly good system for ensuring every single race mattered was replaced with one where the individual heats aren’t as important as the semis and final. 

Zmarzlik is the best rider in the world. All the conspiracy theories (especially those suggesting he only wins because most of the rounds are in Poland) are frankly a load of BS. He’s just head and shoulders above the competition and knows when the right time to turn it on is. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 1:47 PM, Ben91 said:

He’s just head and shoulders above the competition and knows when the right time to turn it on is. 

That's a perfect summation !

Zmarzlik has every part of his game covered and if one part is Beaton by an opposing rider it doesn’t matter he makes up in a different part, he studies other riders, he knows what other riders will do often before even they do, every rider in the GP can beat zmarzlik regularly but that doesn’t matter because he knows when it matters he will triumph because if they have a fault he will make them do it, add to all that and has any other rider got more corner entry speed than zmarzlik? And more importantly hold it tight when they get there, the guy has the lot, talent, discipline,backroom team, bikes, track craft, ability to gate or read a first corner and a will to win that I just don’t see in many riders, an example of that is watch zmarzlik in a nothing meeting in Poland, there is no “just there for the money” attitude, it’s 100% all the time, laguta got the better of zmarzlik by not being a better rider or racer but just by doing what laguta does and that’s gate and go fast and win races, he didn’t really let zmarzlik get a chance to pin him back,any other year zmarzlik 2nd place score would of been 1st, others like Doyle spends to much time riding the riders not the race and his discipline at the start line is shocking , madsen is too equipment dependent, lindgren is there but just doesn’t have that something to get him over the line and although they all of capable of winning a GP or even being world champion I don’t see anyone toppling zmarzlik until his desire fades and gaps in his armour being to show 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Zmarzlik has every part of his game covered and if one part is Beaton by an opposing rider it doesn’t matter he makes up in a different part, he studies other riders, he knows what other riders will do often before even they do, every rider in the GP can beat zmarzlik regularly but that doesn’t matter because he knows when it matters he will triumph because if they have a fault he will make them do it, add to all that and has any other rider got more corner entry speed than zmarzlik? And more importantly hold it tight when they get there, the guy has the lot, talent, discipline,backroom team, bikes, track craft, ability to gate or read a first corner and a will to win that I just don’t see in many riders, an example of that is watch zmarzlik in a nothing meeting in Poland, there is no “just there for the money” attitude, it’s 100% all the time, laguta got the better of zmarzlik by not being a better rider or racer but just by doing what laguta does and that’s gate and go fast and win races, he didn’t really let zmarzlik get a chance to pin him back,any other year zmarzlik 2nd place score would of been 1st, others like Doyle spends to much time riding the riders not the race and his discipline at the start line is shocking , madsen is too equipment dependent, lindgren is there but just doesn’t have that something to get him over the line and although they all of capable of winning a GP or even being world champion I don’t see anyone toppling zmarzlik until his desire fades and gaps in his armour being to show 

Nah... It's 'cos so many of the GP's are in Poland! There are a bunch on here who will tell you that! He's just lucky... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Consistency is the key.  This is what makes Hans Nielsen the greatest of all time for me.

On 12/6/2023 at 10:32 AM, SPEEDY69 said:

Consistency is the key.  This is what makes Hans Nielsen the greatest of all time for me.

Obviously it's personal opinion & never fact, but for me it can only be Tony Rickardsson as the greatest of all time.