British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

1 minute ago, DJEuan said:

That's what i mean....i didn't even know Jack Smith was injured. :neutral:

Mildenhall at week end.

Pirates may be down but are certainly not out !

Only followed speedway updates so didn't get a real feel for the action so I can only say after a very bad start we managed to stop the gap being more than 14.

Looks well set up for WINborne Road and I'll be there cheering the Pirates on to win the League!

C'mon the Boyzzzzz we can do this!

:t:

Edited by lbw

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Maybe before you signed Tarasenko

Wasn't talking about Tarasenko.  The post I replied to said Rowe will be missed for the Pirates but Vissing won't be missed for the Tigers - ludicrous.  Again, that is just false - Vissing has been missed and continues to be missed, at least as much as Rowe, probably more - around Ashfield where Vissing scores well.

Just now, Joseq7 said:

Is there any Tigers fan who wants Brown to be the team manager next year? 

I'm not asking if he's a great guy. 

I'm not asking if he's a great supporter of Glasgow speedway. 

I'm asking is he a good team manager, yes or no? 

I'd love someone to ask his thought process as regards to HT12 in the past 2 meeting. I just can't get my head round it.......But if Lee was willing to come out and have 7 rides then ......

To answer your question no. There is plenty of folk on here who would be better team managers that maybe aren't as great a guy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Weakest exclusion I've ever seen. Ace can slide off all on his own he doesn't need any pressure put on him to do so

The replays clearly showed Thompson had not passed and in fact took Ace's left leg away.  Even Pirates rider Roynon admitted exactly that once he saw the replays.

1 minute ago, DJEuan said:

I'd love someone to ask his thought process as regards to HT12 in the past 2 meeting. I just can't get my head round it.......But if Lee was willing to come out and have 7 rides then ......

To answer your question no. There is plenty of folk on here who would be better team managers that maybe aren't as great a guy

He just doesn't have the ruthlessness of a Dickson, Adams, middlo, rossiter. Like his truck driving days still get impression wants to be riders pals not their boss. Is Lee race fit enough yet for 7 rides. If he rides in 12 would he have scored in 14? I don't know the answer but bonkers decision 

Just now, Jaizer said:

He just doesn't have the ruthlessness of a Dickson, Adams, middlo, rossiter. Like his truck driving days still get impression wants to be riders pals not their boss. Is Lee race fit enough yet for 7 rides. If he rides in 12 would he have scored in 14? I don't know the answer but bonkers decision 

He rode inHt 12 & 14 last week and 14 was his ride of the night.

• Like 1

Fair play to Glasgow good win should have been more but the pirates hung in there and for me they will turn it round cami you legend I hope for your sake you don’t rue not giving complin 7 rides I’d love to no his reasons for that one .

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

I cannot describe this as an exciting meeting.  5 heats staged in 50 minutes and the racing has been processional.

Breaking tapes and re-runs taking up time - to be fair they've got on with it.  A bit processional - flooded track the last few days and track still wet what do you expect.

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If it needs to be put back to Thursday then so be it. By no means certain currently we will get rain Wednesday evening. 

Get the sweepstake ready Steve, no scores below 53 allowed for Pirates! :D

Glasgow blew Pirates away first 6 heats. Heat 7 through 15 Poole scored 2 more points. Bomber once again box office.

Could all come down to R/Rs and reserves at Poole. Not Complin’s favourite track. If Rowe is declared fit will Middlo put him in team. Bit of a gamble. Glasgow favourites IMO.