British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

57 minutes ago, Badge said:

Make sure know one says anything honest about the track sport etc . he might start crying .

18 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Looking forward to my final speedway fix on TV tonight. Whilst all us neutrals would like to see the aggregate outcome go down to the last couple of heats, I just cannot see Sheffield producing enough race winners. They need at least five more heat advantages than Ipswich. If Emil & Doyle are on it, the rest of the Witches won't need to do very much.

As the Aces showed in the semi, more than 18 can be made up so for me it's still very much in the balance. Sheffield's reserves should p all over Ipswich's and Lambert may well get at least four wins. 

38 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I guess he's a prime example of 'if you want to make a small fortune from speedway, you have to start with a large one'!:rolleyes:

He’s just a very wealthy man (started with nothing and earned by hard work by the way) that just happens to love his speedway. Much was made by the Peterborough lot about the wealth of Tomalin but his entire wealth is Guy Nicholls’ small change! Shame there’s not more of him happily pumping his money in to this sport. 

• Like 1

Twenty past 5 and still no rain (save for a few drops that you would struggle to call rain) a mile from the track

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I still think Sheffield have a good chance. I very much doubt Tai or Tobi would have beaten Ipswich top two at Foxhall ,  Chris Holder was an embarrassment, probably get double figures tonight.King has been brilliant lately but may struggle tonight, it will depend on the lower order riders , Emil and Doyle wont go unbeaten tonight. 

Think Lewis Kerr would have done a better job than Holder.

15 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

Twenty past 5 and still no rain (save for a few drops that you would struggle to call rain) a mile from the track

Fingers crossed! Perhaps you could keep us updated please Cue Ball? 

Nearly time...

Whatever will be will be

Going luck boys - uppa Witches!!

Here's hoping for a 'Grand' final 

May the best team win 

Come on the Ipswich Witches.....

Beat the Sheffield Stars/Panthers/Bandits/Tigers....;)

Emil and Doyle will need six wins and heat advantages in 13 and 15 I would think..

I have a feeling Sheffield will do this i just feel, Riss, Rew, and the reserves might just struggle round Owlerton, Lambert, Holder, and Howarth should be better than Tuesday, Harris always seems to turn up in the play offs. Can Emil, Doyley, and King do enough between the to see them Witches through?

Edited by bellevueace

Think Howarth threw it down there

edit, 2nd viewing it looked like contact but no surprise at the ref's decision.

Edited by nw42
  • Haha 2