British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

4 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

It was Tai

Oh dear what a shame to see 

14 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

All 7 Ipswich riders did their best, which for some of them wasn't good enough.

On Tuesday night, only 6 Sheffield riders put in a shift - it could have been so much easier for them if Holder had bothered to turn up.

Hey-ho.  A new day tomorrow, life goes on.

Let’s not forget Witches won the cup just what 2 weeks ago! 

7 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

It was Tai

2 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Oh dear what a shame

Used the same language at Arlington many many years ago in front of lots of young fans, you'd think he would have grown up by now, but he's never been a good advert for the sport, or role model. Back to Poland and Sweden hopefully next year.

• Like 2

Congratulations Tigers. Sayfutdinov struggled with conditions early & Doyle wasn't brave enough at the end.

Pickering is entertainment. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

It does but at the same time I am more happy to Harris than Lambert in that shot - at least Harris has dedicated a huge part of his career to the U.K. - we may joke about his guesting etc etc but he is far more deserving of that in my view! 

Agree with your point regarding Harris.Lambert couldn’t care about Speedway in GB.Personally couldn’t care who wins anything over here,the sport is on its knees and being run into the ground.We need to stop kidding ourselves.I fear it’s too late though

Edited by Fromafar

Thoroughly enjoyed that on the TV.

I’m no Harris fan but Doyle in 13 summed him up, some terrible riding and had that been Nicki P you’d all be up in arms! 
Josh Pickering, if he could string those great rides together more consistently he will make it, what a performance.

King very unlucky with a horrific crash but too long a tail for the witches, who have been fantastic at times this year, one too many. 
Feel sorry for Louis that they spent so much on Emil and Doyle to just miss out but some terrible loyalty caused their downfall in the end. Riss was pathetic again, didn’t he win the CL there a few years back?

wonder who guy Nicholls is with this evening seen as the guest he’s been slagging off essentially win it for one of his teams….although posting picture on social media of him taking delivery of a new rolls Royce, an hour into the meeting, does he care as much as he spouts off about? 

Edited by DJC
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, TTT said:

Sums up British Speedway in a nutshell.

Only in speedway could the same rider Captain the Premiership winning team as well as the Championship wooden spoon winners in the same season!:rolleyes:

Brilliant performance from our all star Tigers. Well deserved tonight coming from 18 points down. Track held up well after all the rain we’ve had and an exciting meeting. Lambert and Bomber didn’t score more than the lads they replaced would have done. Last heat decider good for tv. Rather have won it with the original 7 but can’t help injuries and over the season everyone uses guests and benefits. Well done to all the riders for giving their all. Hopefully next season we don’t get all the injuries and we can defend our title with the original 7. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

It was Tai

Congratulations to Sheffield.  We stood on the 4th bend and had no problems at all with any Sheffield fans.  All teams have a few idiots that let themselves down 

however for Tai to say what he did on a public platform using that language was unacceptable.  All respect I had for him has gone.  

3 hours ago, Mr. Clemens said:

True it's not the same without his charismatic presence to entertain the masses

He was there not shouting at the riders, either that or God help us he’s been cloned. He was shown on camera andTatum mentioned that the CEO of British speedway was there as well. 

Wow. The outcome I predicted……….not! Hats off to the patched up Tigers who made Emil and Doyle look ordinary. Some statement! I’m as guilty as anyone when it comes to giving British Speedway a good kicking with regard to its set up and operation, but tonight’s meeting was right up there with a last over outcome in white ball cricket. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Used the same language at Arlington many many years ago in front of lots of young fans, you'd think he would have grown up by now, but he's never been a good advert for the sport, or role model. Back to Poland and Sweden hopefully next year.

He also gave the v finger sign to the grandstand  fans at 2016 final  at NSS and also floored a lezsno fan in Poland this season receiving a big fine 

Edited by AceBelle

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Oh well sh!t happens - proof that cheats do prosper

Blah blah blah

Blah blah blah

Blah blah blah

And tigers won the f@#@ing league

Dontforgetthekleenexbruv

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

What a pleasant bunch the Sheffield fans are … people I know at the track getting abused including a mates young daughter …. 

A team wins the league using 13 riders lol 

British speedway farcical

And the dummy gets spat out once again........cheers!!!!

13 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Congratulations to Sheffield.  We stood on the 4th bend and had no problems at all with any Sheffield fans.  All teams have a few idiots that let themselves down 

however for Tai to say what he did on a public platform using that language was unacceptable.  All respect I had for him has gone.  

That’s Tai the local Aussie made good.He is so far up his own ar#se.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1