British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

21 minutes ago, drew2 said:

Only in speedway could the same rider Captain the Premiership winning team as well as the Championship wooden spoon winners in the same season!:rolleyes:

Eh howarth is Sheffield captain and Harris rides for Glasgow in championship who are in the final not wooden spoonists 

Just like to take this moment to thank every single hater and doubter of Sheffield speedway.. without you all we cannot prove doubters wrong and shut people up…  you can all suck a big fat one!!!!

As for Jason Doyle….. entertaining he may be, the bloke is dangerous and will end up killing someone if not himself if he carries on riding the way he does - disgraceful.

• Like 3

Sorry to all my fans at my contracted club I have let down because we couldn’t make the play offs even though only three teams miss out, but here i am holding aloft the league title like I have raced for this club all season long.

Have a bit of humility, you done the job you were paid to do but it’s about those who have represented the Tigers all season, not just a match or two.

1 hour ago, AceBelle said:

Lambert kept his from last year he mentioned it in is rant interview on tuesday 

Lambert wasn't a guest last year. 

1 hour ago, spin king said:

Firstly where these fans stood?

Because I was stood maybe 70 yards away from where the majority of the Ipswich supporters were stood and  did not see anything, but that is not to say it did not happen.

If it did it is wrong and apologise on behalf of Sheffield supporters who can control there emotions and not let the club down with their behaviour.

What I won't accept is someone coming on here and labelling all of us in the same boat, we are not and you should not be coming on here and accusing us all been the same.

I will bet that you can go to any track in the country and you will find that there will be fans that just cannot behave.

I wouldn't worry it most probably didn't happen.  I've been to Sheffield loads and never had an issue.  Last season when we won the league there, not an ounce of trouble from any Sheffield fans.

• Like 5

Putting aside all the accusations.

This was cracking meeting in tricky conditions, and probably one the best meetings I have seen in these kind of weather conditions, and I applaud all of the riders all putting an shift for their teams.

In previous post I said that we had to show the same spirit as the team did in meeting 30th September 2010, and fortunately they did just that.

This is what is good about British Speedway is all about two teams with totally differing types of track, going at it hammer and tongs trying to get the better of each other, the away teams trying on tracks that are not suited to them.

There has to be one winner and fortunately it was my team, but lets be honest it could have easily been the other way around, and it went down to last heat decider.

Ipswich made us fight all the way for this win and boy did fight to win, but there supporters can proud of the fight that they put up.

At Sheffield we know what it is like to lose in the Final happened to us last season and it hurts, but you come again and maybe next year it will be your turn to lift the trophy.

To all Ipswich I wish all the best and hope to see you next season.

But for now.

We are the Champions

We are the Champions,  

• Like 6

Congrats to Sheffield fans enjoy your night.  Ipswich totally blew that, bottled it from Heat 1.  I was gob smacked they took 1&3 early on.  

Amazing comeback from a weak Sheffield side  due to losing riders..Would have won with ease with a full side .Ipswich fans have spend the whole final build up moaning and groaning  about everything rather than worrying about the meeting . really sour fans and sour losers . What's more funny is how they were on about Lambert being a bad loser the other night.. I bet he's laughing his head off tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, spin king said:

Putting aside all the accusations.

This was cracking meeting in tricky conditions, and probably one the best meetings I have seen in these kind of weather conditions, and I applaud all of the riders all putting an shift for their teams.

In previous post I said that we had to show the same spirit as the team did in meeting 30th September 2010, and fortunately they did just that.

This is what is good about British Speedway is all about two teams with totally differing types of track, going at it hammer and tongs trying to get the better of each other, the away teams trying on tracks that are not suited to them.

There has to be one winner and fortunately it was my team, but lets be honest it could have easily been the other way around, and it went down to last heat decider.

Ipswich made us fight all the way for this win and boy did fight to win, but there supporters can proud of the fight that they put up.

At Sheffield we know what it is like to lose in the Final happened to us last season and it hurts, but you come again and maybe next year it will be your turn to lift the trophy.

To all Ipswich I wish all the best and hope to see you next season.

But for now.

We are the Champions

We are the Champions,  

Enjoy it Spinny is it really 94 years and no top flight title win? (Well until now) 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Agree with your point regarding Harris.Lambert couldn’t care about Speedway in GB.Personally couldn’t care who wins anything over here,the sport is on its knees and being run into the ground.We need to stop kidding ourselves.I fear it’s too late though

Are you the reincarnation of The Rev I.M. Jolly? :P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Friends of mine and other Ipswich fans have had to leave for fear of their own safety and couldn’t even go talk to the Ipswich riders to thank them for their season … lovely fans up there 

This is such bull crap it’s laughable.. just like reading through this thread pre meeting

• Like 1

I'm in two minds about whether guests should get a medal, one one hand riders like Musielak got Sheffield into the play-offs, but once they start the league matches are forgotton, so you could say Tobi / Woffy didn't win the league, Harris & Lambert did.

But it just feels wrong, getting a League winners medal, unless it's for your own team.

• Like 1