British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

Well done Sheffield, on the night you were the better team and deserved the victory. How ironic is it that R Lambert at the season ending, helps a team win the league. ;) ;).

6 hours ago, Hooky said:

Also Tai Woffinden on the mic after the meeting saying “Ipswich Witches need to get on their broomsticks and f*** off back to Ipswich” was pure quality :rofl:

Yeah class act as ever.

Great supporter of British League speedway in recent years. As is Holder and Lambert. Not.

Brilliant fight back by Tigers last night.

Wonder where Lambert will go next September.

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm in two minds about whether guests should get a medal, one one hand riders like Musielak got Sheffield into the play-offs, but once they start the league matches are forgotton, so you could say Tobi / Woffy didn't win the league, Harris & Lambert did.

But it just feels wrong, getting a League winners medal, unless it's for your own team.

Anyone who deserves it, it is Lewis Kerr.

• Like 1

Well done Sheffield, the rain didn't have that much of an effect and there was some decent racing

Went expecting us to lose on aggregate, but the scene was set in heat one and all seven riders kept up the pressure until heat 15 when we got the points needed, second time in six months i have seen a Sheffield team in a record breaking come back in the play offs

well done to the guests all rode as though they wanted to win when they could have just gone through the motions, would rather have had Tai and Tobi but that's speedway

hopefully if we get to next years final we can win it before heat 15, my nerves cant stand any more last heat deciders like that

• Like 2

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm in two minds about whether guests should get a medal, one one hand riders like Musielak got Sheffield into the play-offs, but once they start the league matches are forgotton, so you could say Tobi / Woffy didn't win the league, Harris & Lambert did.

But it just feels wrong, getting a League winners medal, unless it's for your own team.

100% talk about sticking two fingers up at your parent club who didn’t male the final partly down to that very rider.

You certainly wouldn't want an Ipswich team over the last 25 years taking your dog for a walk, that's for sure 

1 minute ago, marko said:

100% talk about sticking two fingers up at your parent club who didn’t male the final partly down to that very rider.

Let's be honest, no one should really take it too seriously...

How can you when Bomber played a major part in Ipswich reaching the final, then played a major part in their opponents beating Ipswich in that final...:D

Bomber who rides for Peterborough...:D

A last heat decider made for good TV, but given such nonsense is allowed to take place, it is best not to get too worked up about the result...

• Like 6

If people are so incensed by late season signings then the transfer window needs changing. Its inevitable that injuries are going to occur and that teams will seek replacements fir those and riders out of form. Make the window close earlier apart from for injury.

I'd also argue that just because riders don't choose to do full seasons here doesn't mean they don't care for UK speedway. 

• Like 1

Not much (if any) mention of it but credit to Jason Edwards. He's not someone I'd associate with being suited to a track like Sheffiled but since coming in to the Rising Star slot has scored some crucial points and some nexpected points for Sheffield and his heat 2 win last night was crucial in terms of momentum.

It seems by far the most level headed and gracious of the younger riders and deserves a medal.

• Like 7

With regard to Tai’s comments. He 
sure is 
a great rider but one with an extremely limited range of vocabulary which probably explains his difficulty in communicating without expletives.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

With regard to Tai’s comments. He 
sure is 
a great rider but one with an extremely limited range of vocabulary which probably explains his difficulty in communicating without expletives.

He's pretty thick you mean .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hooky said:

Also Tai Woffinden on the mic after the meeting saying “Ipswich Witches need to get on their broomsticks and f*** off back to Ipswich” was pure quality :rofl:

"Pure quality", sorry If you think that's how away team fans should be spoken too, I'd call it "pure ignorance" especially as many the Ipswich fans probably go and support Tai at Cardiff.  

Well done Kyle Howarth (and sort of Sheffield) on last night's medal (last man standing he needs to be named). Just a shame Lewis Kerr wasn't riding as well.

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Well done Sheffield, commiserations Ipswich.

That was a much better meeting than Tuesday on a much better track despite the rain. 

Naughty from Doyle in heat 13, I'm glad he was found wanting in the deciding race, have never been a fan. Was an absolute plank off track too in his younger days.

The guest situation is a long way short of ideal but you reap what you sow I'm afraid. 

Pleased for Jason Edwards and Josh Pickering who started the season as Stars, and of course Norfolk's finest :D

Was Josh not at Kings Lynn

Hopefully Danny King not feeling too banged up this morning as that was awkward hard crash last night 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hooky said:

No it wasn’t. It was embarrassingly bad

• Like 6