British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Mr. Woffinden disgraced himself again ( not for the first time) Last time he attacked a supporter, now he verbally abuses Ipswich on network TV. A very poor advert for the sport, genrating the WRONG type of publicity. 

A "WILD card" nomination for the SGP series is appropriate. 

What with whingeing Lambert (R) on Tuesday and now the swearing Woffinden, our British sports  "stars" really do need to be better educated when speaking to the media. 

I think he should get a heavy fine for that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, orion said:

Lol you have to be on this forum a lot time to understand that Joke lol 

An Oldie but a Goldie.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Yes all good and well Tigers fans were allowed on centre green at foxhall back in 2017, but you seem to be forgetting the key point there…. Sheffield won that night and Ipswich lost last night so stop being a little b**ch about it and get over it, what was you wanting? To get on track and celebrate with the Sheffield riders??? 

I’ve no problem whatsoever with the result and I’ve congratulated Sheffield as deserved winners. But I’m not happy to be told to f##k off back to Ipswich. And I’m sure if you went to your local supermarket and had paid for your goods only to be told to F off you wouldn’t be impressed either. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I agree. He don't come across very professional at times. Time he grew up at 33 .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Was Josh not at Kings Lynn

He was, left when Alex Brady did. Would have him back in a heartbeat if he's avaliable in the future.

16 hours ago, CB252 said:

Well the track isn't too bad, but you can always count on Doyle to make it look dangerous.

Utter lunatic.

And you would know, are you an ex rider? When someone like Scott Nicholls says he wouldn't fancy racing on it as it is slop you have to take notice. The meeting shouldn't have even got to heat 10

19 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Really?

2 minutes ago, Bash said:

And you would know, are you an ex rider? When someone like Scott Nicholls says he wouldn't fancy racing on it as it is slop you have to take notice. The meeting shouldn't have even got to heat 10

Rubbish, the track was OK, didn't you see the last three heats, all obviously took place after heat 10, it looked a lot safer then Ipswich did on Tuesday

29 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I had high hopes when the appointment was made that there would be a positive step change in the right direction

Unfortunately it seems that he has simply stepped in line and become complicit in perpetuating the sham

Morris did say on the speedway GB podcast that there wasn’t to much he could do this season. But next season will be different.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

In few no one will remember Tai. He is neither a legend nor a great advertisement for the sport. The real legends are still remembered by many who have since long forgotten about speedway. Ivan Mauger , Ole Olsen, Tony R. Mr Gollob, Barry Briggs, etc. to name but a few. Woffinden is yesterday’s chip paper. 

It sounds like he's had one too many bangs to the head

16 hours ago, Gavan said:

What a pleasant bunch the Sheffield fans are … people I know at the track getting abused including a mates young daughter …. 

A team wins the league using 13 riders lol 

British speedway farcical

It wasn't just by the fans it was by Lambert's mum & sister, kicking, hitting and abusive, such a lovely family

19 minutes ago, weatherman said:

Really?

Yes definitely,  swearing at opposition fans into a microphone is awful and should not be tolerated.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Morris did say on the speedway GB podcast that there wasn’t to much he could do this season. But next season will be different.  

I won't be holding my breath.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Yes all good and well Tigers fans were allowed on centre green at foxhall back in 2017, but you seem to be forgetting the key point there…. Sheffield won that night and Ipswich lost last night so stop being a little b**ch about it and get over it, what was you wanting? To get on track and celebrate with the Sheffield riders??? 

You're not really reading the room here are you.  Doesn't matter who you support there will be no true speedway fans who think it's ok for a rider to start having a go at fans in that way on the stadium public address system, fans have a go at each other and, within reason, that's acceptable.  I've always had time for Woofy but he overstepped the mark last night.

Ok you won, well done, I thoroughly enjoyed the tension of last night's meeting and was pleased to see Sheffield finally land the title, don't spoil it by making stupid comments, I imagine virtually every Tigers fan would be embarrassed by your stupid posts.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Let's hope so, perhaps high on his agenda should be how the riders talk on TV and the centre green microphone etc.  Also perhaps if a rider has a grievance with the Ref the Team Manager should sort it out not "riders having a word with the Ref"