British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Thank you Paul for acknowledging that. Be nice to hear that from a member of the Sheffield management too

congratulations to Sheffield. Best team over two legs and deserved their win.  I went to support my team and whilst being bitterly disappointed I’m also immensely proud of my team. 
if we go back to our championship days we also lost to Sheffield in the final at foxhall but we allowed the travelling fans to go on the stock car track and the track staff even removed some sections of the speedway fence to allow the travelling supporters to join their team and celebrate. 
in return we get told by a 3x world champion to F##k off. Simply unacceptable. 

I agree Jason. I was at Foxhall six years ago and it was a memorable night for all the right reasons (from our perspective).

After last night I don’t want Tai anywhere near our club next season. Immature isn’t even a starting point.

Again, apologies to all the Witches fans.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bash said:

It wasn't just by the fans it was by Lambert's mum & sister, kicking, hitting and abusive, such a lovely family

Robs mum and sister kicking and hitting who?

5 minutes ago, paulrickett said:

Can I just ask those who were watching on BSN, did Woffinden swear on air? I thought it was only on the stadium PA.

It wasnt reported on Eurosport as far as I know, BSN didnt show it they are only showing the important final!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, orion said:

He's pretty thick you mean .

He's a speedway rider not chancellor of the exchequer, there is a correlation   !!! 

12 hours ago, Hooky said:

Also Tai Woffinden on the mic after the meeting saying “Ipswich Witches need to get on their broomsticks and f*** off back to Ipswich” was pure quality :rofl:

The **** is an embarrassment to speedway and himself! How old is he?..... 13?

It's about time this **** grew up although I doubt he will ever do that! 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf what does anyone expect it is Rob Lambert and Tai we are doing about. They have never been nice have they? Hopefully they be kept out of British Speedway for the rest of their career, won't hold my breath though. 

Do you mean Phil Morris? Nick is serving a ban of his own! 

They are both act like immature little kids, although Lambert does have more of an excuse than the tattooed gibbon, as he IS still quite young! 

Both are a complete embarrassment to British speedway though when it comes to their behaviour. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

They are both act like immature little kids, although Lambert does have more of an excuse than the tattooed gibbon, as he IS still quite young! 

Both are a complete embarrassment to British speedway though when it comes to their behaviour. 

I agree re Woffinden.He could have said the same comments but just remove the F word and it would have been funny.Lambert was interviewed while the adrenalin was still pumping and things then can come out skewed.

The thing that is getting me a bit though is people saying they are immature,embarrassing,thick etc.And yet most of the posters who post these are posting immature and embarrassing remarks themselves.It's like pot,kettle,black.

For instance your post calling them as such,yet look at your immature remark calling Woffinden a tattoed gibbon.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, The SAINT said:

He's a speedway rider not chancellor of the exchequer, there is a correlation   !!! 

Boris Johnson was Prime Minister 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Mr. Woffinden disgraced himself again ( not for the first time) Last time he attacked a supporter, now he verbally abuses Ipswich on network TV. A very poor advert for the sport, genrating the WRONG type of publicity. 

A "WILD card" nomination for the SGP series is appropriate. 

What with whingeing Lambert (R) on Tuesday and now the swearing Woffinden, our British sports  "stars" really do need to be better educated when speaking to the media. 

On network TV? I was watching and didn't see that. Were you there Old Bob?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ytsejam said:

The **** is an embarrassment to speedway and himself! How old is he?..... 13?

It's about time this **** grew up although I doubt he will ever do that! 

The irony, complaining about someone swearing when you have to use ***** instead of actual words, pot calling the kettle black

I remember Mark Loram in 2003 jumping around like he was part of the Poole team that won the league when he was guesting. 

end of the day, guests have always been a part of the sport. Sheffield lost J Holder, Woffy and Tobi M through injurys and im sure if they had it there way theyd of wanted a fall side. 

• Like 3

The powers that be must take some action against Woffinden - he must not be allowed to get away with what he said to a packed stadium that included many youngsters.

From the John McEnroe school of yob behaviour, this fading nonentity is desperately trying to keep himself relevant by being controversial.

At 33 and clearly being now being quite accident prone, his career at the top is finished. 

I remember him a few years ago when standing of the podium spitting, as a National anthem was being played.  Can you imagine Mauger, Collins, Briggs Nielsen, Gundersen etc doing that?

He is an embarrassment to the sport.

3 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

It sounds like he's had one too many bangs to the head

No that would have knocked some sense into him, alas he is one of the many who have been brought up as a free spirit and think they have some god given right to be rude, unprofessional and believe that this sort of behaviour is acceptable. One day it will come back to bite him and hopefully he will pay one way or another. Until then and until speedway authorities have a decent code of conduct and recognise when someone brings the sport into disrepute nothing will happen and his ilk will continue to stick two fingers up at the fans and the authorities as long as you have clubs and sponsors willing to employ them, it is what it is. The sport comes down hard on promoters etc who over step the mark but not the riders. Ask the BSPL or one of the other fantasy groups who control speedway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bash said:

Can anyone please post the winning times from last night as it was so noisy couldn't hear them being announced

I entered the times below in my programme. Possibly one or two may be slightly out. As you said, it was quite loud.

Heat 1. Awarded.

Heat 2. 62.62.

Heat 3. 63.12.

Heat 4. 62.32.

Heat 5. 61.62.

Heat 6. 62.06.

Heat 7. 62.75.

Heat 8. 64.87.

Heat 9. 65 13.

Heat 10. 65.88.

Heat 11. 63.19.

Heat 12. 64.25.

Heat 13. 63.93.

Heat 14. 64.06.

Heat 15. Absolutely no scoob whatsoever. Sorry.