British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

47 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Nice touch by some Ipswich fans giving Lambert the Hand sign at the start of the meeting.

Not that I'm condoning it at all,  but tbf Lambert was doing that most of the meeting to the witches fans who were cheering the boys on Tuesday night. 

Oh and let's not forget we're Suffolk and he's Norfolk :wink::lol:

Edited by Badge

4 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Mr. Woffinden disgraced himself again ( not for the first time) Last time he attacked a supporter, now he verbally abuses Ipswich on network TV. A very poor advert for the sport, genrating the WRONG type of publicity. 

A "WILD card" nomination for the SGP series is appropriate. 

What with whingeing Lambert (R) on Tuesday and now the swearing Woffinden, our British sports  "stars" really do need to be better educated when speaking to the media. 

On Tuesday, Lambert was only being honest about the Refs decision and the state of the track, something that most posters on here were going on about. But because he said it, it's an issue! 

As for Woffinden, there is no need for that sort of language, just smacks of wanting to be in the limelight even tho he's injured. Sad really. 

• Like 1

I wasnt at the meeting

I had two friends who go to Ipswich every week with their young daughter and her friend ... the friend couldnt go but the family of 3 did

I was getting texts through the meeting as i was watching it on TV so we was comparing notes....Did Emil touch Howarth...Did Danny fall on his own....questions they asked as they couldnt see all the action

I will stress that at no point during the meeting did they say that any Sheffield fans were abusive at all.

They text me 15 minutes after the last race.....their young daughter was crying as Ipswich had lost

A Sheffield fan , a female and a grown adult walked past the young child and said the 'w' word in her face

If you dont want to believe me then dont...... i dont care less 

They left the track asap as their daughter was frightened of the supporters

Now every track has its idiots that behave awfully but last night some Sheffield fans went to far

I guess when one of the riders swears down the mic and allegedly another one has family that kick off then i guess that it flows down to the terraces

I remember the days when our sport had panto villians..............Lambert had made himself one of those by his comments..... For his family to then cause issues is disgusting

Just now, The Dog said:

On Tuesday, Lambert was only being honest about the Refs decision and the state of the track, something that most posters on here were going on about. But because he said it, it's an issue! 

As for Woffinden, there is no need for that sort of language, just smacks of wanting to be in the limelight even tho he's injured. Sad really. 

No Lambert was just hiding behind excuses for his poor performance 

agree re Tai however shades of John Terry in full kit Branleur’ mode! 

3 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

But I don't think it was a particularly poor performance, 9 points away against Doyle and Emil is about right. My take is that he was annoyed at the refs decision, and it was a poor one, and the track given that it's a showcase event. Maybe British Speedway is a long way behind in the way of track prep when we have adverse weather, something Poland have managed to sort out 

7 hours ago, mikebv said:

Monster! Monster!!!!!!

Big Joe’s wee pal.

Robert is a credit to sport and at this time GB'S BEST RIDER. He expressed rightly his views on track and referee decisions Tuesday which were poor to say the least. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Goldhawk said:

Robert is a credit to sport and at this time GB'S BEST RIDER. He expressed rightly his views on track and referee decisions Tuesday which were poor to say the least. 

Agree. He was asked and gave an honest opinion at the time. C. Holder said about Ippos track, 2 weeks before "You can't race on that" Both don't compare with TW's foul mouthed comment over the PA imho:t:

The report (if true) of Lambo's family members hitting out, and kicking, won't do him any favours though:blink:

19 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Big Joe’s wee pal.

Creepy Joe you mean…what a 5* dick. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

John Terry would not swear on camera and he certainly wouldnt pick up a microphone and swear at opposition fans.

16 minutes ago, Goldhawk said:

And said that Ipswich riders were brainless and wanted to end up on the Kart track.

38 minutes ago, The Dog said:

But I don't think it was a particularly poor performance, 9 points away against Doyle and Emil is about right. My take is that he was annoyed at the refs decision, and it was a poor one, and the track given that it's a showcase event. Maybe British Speedway is a long way behind in the way of track prep when we have adverse weather, something Poland have managed to sort out 

I think he felt he should have done better - perhaps at his level he should have - but yes 9-10 against Emil and Doyley was fair enough- I suspect heat 15 might have stoked his ire but from my perspective Doyle did nothing wrong - heat 4 and the non exclusion of Hume was too far in the past in the context of the meeting to be annoyed by its potential implication on the scoreline - to my mind ref got that wrong for sure! 

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

John Terry would not swear on camera and he certainly wouldnt pick up a microphone and swear at opposition fans.

It was more a comment on turning the attention on himself - to be fair I’ve heard a few stories about Terry over the years but agree he probably wouldn’t  do that! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

The powers that be must take some action against Woffinden - he must not be allowed to get away with what he said to a packed stadium that included many youngsters.

From the John McEnroe school of yob behaviour, this fading nonentity is desperately trying to keep himself relevant by being controversial.

At 33 and clearly being now being quite accident prone, his career at the top is finished. 

I remember him a few years ago when standing of the podium spitting, as a National anthem was being played.  Can you imagine Mauger, Collins, Briggs Nielsen, Gundersen etc doing that?

He is an embarrassment to the sport.

he also didn't take his cap off during the medal presentation at the world cup just desrespectful full stop also remember he gave the Aces fans the v sign to grandstand after wolves won play/offs at NSS 2017 add these to his glowing CV !!