British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

45 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

You sure about that 

Sure think they can , Poole signed the never seen Czech rider (ondrej smatana) (Mr no show ) in 22 and used a facility for a month . As the proposal was from a director and approved by the board I am sure it could be used again for the majority of clubs , or doesn’t it work that way ??

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

Sure think they can , Poole signed the never seen Czech rider (ondrej smatana) (Mr no show ) in 22 and used a facility for a month . As the proposal was from a director and approved by the board I am sure it could be used again for the majority of clubs , or doesn’t it work that way ??

I've no idea

Just sign Richie and use his twin till beginning June and make sure you don't arrange any fixtures against Glasgow or whoever Steve is riding for till after beginning June.Simples.

How about?

Plymouth  
Lewis Kerr 8.39
Ben Barker 7.42
Jye Etheridge 5.91
Dan Thompson 4.86
Alfie Bowtell 4.49
Joe Thompson 3.51
Adam Roynon 3.41
Total 37.99

10 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

OK I'll bite. The difference was that the paperwork was submitted and approved by BSPL/SCB to include him in the 1-7 but then the Czechs changed their rules about their riders riding abroad. (Covid etc)

On 11/2/2023 at 11:54 PM, szkocjasid said:

How about?

Plymouth  
Lewis Kerr 8.39
Ben Barker 7.42
Jye Etheridge 5.91
Dan Thompson 4.86
Alfie Bowtell 4.49
Joe Thompson 3.51
Adam Roynon 3.41
Total 37.99

Would see Plymouth bottom of the league again.

Edited by torpointfanatic22
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Would see Plymouth bottom of the league again.

I agree it looks weak, but in theory, every team should look weak.

On 11/3/2023 at 7:46 AM, Skidder1 said:

OK I'll bite. The difference was that the paperwork was submitted and approved by BSPL/SCB to include him in the 1-7 but then the Czechs changed their rules about their riders riding abroad. (Covid etc)

Boll icks 

Any update on whether the Gladiators come to tapes in 2024?

Hopefully everything works out well for you.

12 minutes ago, TTT said:

Any update on whether the Gladiators come to tapes in 2024?

Hopefully everything works out well for you.

All depends on what is decided at the agm, too much self interest and I don’t think our promotion will tolerate that but if everything is fair and sensible we will run imho.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lewy said:

All depends on what is decided at the agm, too much self interest and I don’t think our promotion will tolerate that but if everything is fair and sensible we will run imho.

Self Interest Rules.

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Self Interest Rules.

Up to a point, but if you got no one to ride against it can be difficult. 

13 hours ago, lewy said:

Well obviously if your promotion, for example, suggests a points limit below 38 because he thinks it's fair and sensible you can perhaps understand if other promoters having spent weeks trying to put together a team with a 38 limit decide to throw it out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Well obviously if your promotion, for example, suggests a points limit below 38 because he thinks it's fair and sensible you can perhaps understand if other promoters having spent weeks trying to put together a team with a 38 limit decide to throw it out.

Appreciate this is an example but promoters shouldn’t be building to anything until the AGM, so bigger fool them if they have made assumptions. As I say appreciate this was an example but you know full well some promoters are in cahoots to get ahead of the game and agree to support one another before they get around the table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1