British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

12 minutes ago, lewy said:

I would think he is worth a punt on that average as not many riders available . If he struggles could replace later in the season. Coming in .2 under 38 would be good use of pts available 

Really,if there is nobody better just who would you replace him with.No way is he still an 8 pt man .IMO

• Like 1

The official Plymouth announcement about Hook says 'he's the first of 2 new signings filling the reserve berths'!  

That means both Thompsons are in the 1-5, doesn't it? Unless its worded wrongly?!

3 minutes ago, Hamster00 said:

Yes it does

Compared to what???    How can you say that when most teams have not been finalised?

42 minutes ago, lewy said:

I would think he is worth a punt on that average as not many riders available . If he struggles could replace later in the season. Coming in .2 under 38 would be good use of pts available 

He definitely isn't worth a punt, waste of any points available signing him.

• Like 1

They don’t give out prizes based on who uses the most of the team building limit at the start of the season. 

Wilson-Dean is pony. Anyone who signs him on that average would just be writing off their season before a wheel is turned. 

Edited by Ben91
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ragdoll64 said:

Compared to what???    How can you say that when most teams have not been finalised?

I think most teams are kind of out there in a certain way but even compare it to Redcars completed team or the five confirmed by Poole so far and I think it looks poor in comparison.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The official Plymouth announcement about Hook says 'he's the first of 2 new signings filling the reserve berths'!  

That means both Thompsons are in the 1-5, doesn't it? Unless its worded wrongly?!

I think it’s worded wrongly because if Hook is at reserve how can Thompson be in the main body when he has a lower average than Hook

1 minute ago, Ryan555 said:

I think it’s worded wrongly because if Hook is at reserve how can Thompson be in the main body when he has a lower average than Hook

The two new signings are Thompson and Hook I'd have thought so, badly worded presser I'd think. Hook is on a 4 so if he's at reserve it's got to be with Thompson.

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Hoping you're on a wind up here Lewy, BWD is not number one material, in fact he's probably 2nd string at best.

6 hours ago, Redflag said:

Jacob Hook is the Gladiators 5th signing. 

Never impressed to be honest, but with reserves looking weaker this season due to the points limit decrease, hopefully he'll profit.

5 riders confirmed and I’m still not sure what I think, we need a big hitter but I’m not sure who it will be Wilson dean is a big no no for me so I’m not going to be critical yet or jumping through hoops either god I’m going to get splinters the amount of time I’ll spend sitting on the fence.

3 hours ago, mc131 said:

He definitely isn't worth a punt, waste of any points available signing him.

Whys that mc131? You never know he might be a revelation..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, magnus said:

Whys that mc131? You never know he might be a revelation..

Because he ain't a no1 far from it.