British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

12 hours ago, Supersteady84 said:

Not if you ask BWD it's not

Take what riders say with a pinch of salt… apparently Richie Worrall didn’t take any drugs but failed a drugs test haha.

Edited by bloom89
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Take what riders say with a pinch of salt… apparently Richie Wirral didn’t take any drugs but failed a drugs test haha.

Aye fair shout hahaha 

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

I thought he done an interview in the speedway star recently stating his average was still the one he had with Newcastle and he was stuck with that? He was awful for us mind. Haven’t got the figures at hand but I’d be surprised if he’s even averaged above 6.50 in all his time in the championship. 

From (a poor memory!) he only rode in one match for us, in the Tyne Tees Trophy leg at Redcar, scoring just the single point from three rides.

His averages are (all leagues): 2016 Somerset (35 matches) 6.26, Poole (1 match) 1.33. 2017 Peterborough (28 matches) 6.34, Swindon (26 matches) 5.57. 2018 Somerset (26 matches) 5.57, Peterborough (16 matches) 7.14, Workington (3 matches) 7.76. 2019 Peterborough (13 matches) 6.37. 2022 Newcastle (1 match) 1.33.

We’ve been through all this before ,unless he gets a reduction for some reason he is on 8.21.Bargepole and wouldn’t touch came to mind.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

What is wrong with the track?

It looked like Covatti hit a post down the straight, didn't look like there was any fence from camera angle. Would be interested to hear other peoples views.

52 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

We’ve been through all this before ,unless he gets a reduction for some reason he is on 8.21.Bargepole and wouldn’t touch came to mind.

Who else is there though? Plymouth have depth to their reserves and second strings. So prob don't need an out and out No1. Just someone who can get 7-8 points a meeting? 

20 minutes ago, proud panther said:

It looked like Covatti hit a post down the straight, didn't look like there was any fence from camera angle. Would be interested to hear other peoples views.

There was fence all the way down the back straight and what looks like polyfoam barriers on the bends. Albin slammed into Covatti, Covatti hit the fence and was bounced off his bike and then it looks like he was run over by Albin. I don’t see any of it being to do with the track. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Who else is there though? Plymouth have depth to their reserves and second strings. So prob don't need an out and out No1. Just someone who can get 7-8 points a meeting

Not BWD then

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

There was fence all the way down the back straight and what looks like polyfoam barriers on the bends. Albin slammed into Covatti, Covatti hit the fence and was bounced off his bike and then it looks like he was run over by Albin. I don’t see any of it being to do with the track. 

My viewpoint, as I'm unable to Like your post is exactly the same.

Could Albin do anything to avoid what happened ?

I doubt it.

8 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Bradley Wilson-Dean’s last Championship average is 6.00 from 2018.

However, his 2019 Premiership average of 5.47 converts to 8.205, hence why it would be 8.21.

Wouldn’t he get his average looked at due to not been in the Championship for a few years ??  , ps is he still beaded in the midlands

2 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Wouldn’t he get his average looked at due to not been in the Championship for a few years ??  , ps is he still beaded in the midlands

He started the 2022 season (rumour was he was already injured and would not be riding much), so why would he get a reduction?  Certainly shouldn't get a reduction from the 8.21 he started with (and therefore finished with) at Newcastle, to "around 6".

18 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I thought if riders have missed seasons they could apply for a reduction

Yes not over two points though!!!

10 hours ago, Supersteady84 said:

Literally know nothing??? Read my comment you cl*wn. He told me he believed his average would be around 6ish.

Like Cook told you the Workington team was sorted…. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I thought if riders have missed seasons they could apply for a reduction

Janowski has been reassessed though hasn’t he? Not saying it’s right but one rule for one.