British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

6 hours ago, StevePark said:

From (a poor memory!) he only rode in one match for us, in the Tyne Tees Trophy leg at Redcar, scoring just the single point from three rides.

His averages are (all leagues): 2016 Somerset (35 matches) 6.26, Poole (1 match) 1.33. 2017 Peterborough (28 matches) 6.34, Swindon (26 matches) 5.57. 2018 Somerset (26 matches) 5.57, Peterborough (16 matches) 7.14, Workington (3 matches) 7.76. 2019 Peterborough (13 matches) 6.37. 2022 Newcastle (1 match) 1.33.

Is that all he rode for us? Could’ve swore it was more! Either way signing a number 1 to score 1 point is shocking whatever way you look at it.

52 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Like Cook told you the Workington team was sorted…. 

When did I say Cook told me hahahaha I was told by someone who works down at northside 

28 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Is that all he rode for us? Could’ve swore it was more! Either way signing a number 1 to score 1 point is shocking whatever way you look at it.

Home in a challenge against Stoke maybe too? 

26 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Home in a challenge against Stoke maybe too? 

Good memory! Just checked the updates site and he did indeed ride against Stoke 2 points from four rides. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Janowski has been reassessed though hasn’t he? Not saying it’s right but one rule for one.

Janowski has had his average reduced but not by over 2points.

3 hours ago, bloom89 said:

He also rode at Leicester in a Championship League match (which is the 1 match I eluded to earlier!!) scoring 1 from 3 (0,1,R)

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Janowski has had his average reduced but not by over 2points.

I’m not saying his average should be dropped by 2 points but he should be eligible to a discount if Janowski has had one and they’ve plucked a figure out the air for Milik as ever just a bit of consistency would be good.

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

I’m not saying his average should be dropped by 2 points but he should be eligible to a discount if Janowski has had one and they’ve plucked a figure out the air for Milik as ever just a bit of consistency would be good.

Milik hasnt ridden here for a very long time, if you want to sign a rider and want him re-assessed then you ask, if on the other hand you are happy with his last average because you think it be re-assessed higher then you dont ask.

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Milik hasnt ridden here for a very long time, if you want to sign a rider and want him re-assessed then you ask, if on the other hand you are happy with his last average because you think it be re-assessed higher then you dont ask.

He hasn’t but I don’t think anyone agrees he’s improved by 2 points? Choices look slim for Plymouth so unless Riss wants to do it then maybe BWD is the next best shot. 

12 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

He hasn’t but I don’t think anyone agrees he’s improved by 2 points? Choices look slim for Plymouth so unless Riss wants to do it then maybe BWD is the next best shot. 

I don't know why they would want BWD, must be a few better riders than him on a 8 point average, maybe patryk Wojdolo might fancy doubling up.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't know why they would want BWD, must be a few better riders than him on a 8 point average, maybe patryk Wojdolo might fancy doubling up.

At this point, he's going to be the cheapest option to bring them to tapes with 7 I'd imagine, even if it's short term until they can arrange for someone better to come in. 

He has said he's hoping to be back on a bike by the spring, can't see him committing to coming back over here though.

Riss would be the other choice but on his average you'd have thought he would have been in the side over Covatti already if he wanted to be back over here again this year. 

• Like 1

purely going on riss recent performances at poole he seemed a rider a long way off full confidence,he was looking behind at least 6 or more times in every race,at his best a fair signing but jmo a real risk.I do think its essential both for the league and plymouth speedway that they have a competitive team this season and to that end would support the promoters easing the rules if necessary to make that possible

24 minutes ago, poole keith said:

purely going on riss recent performances at poole he seemed a rider a long way off full confidence,he was looking behind at least 6 or more times in every race,at his best a fair signing but jmo a real risk.I do think its essential both for the league and plymouth speedway that they have a competitive team this season and to that end would support the promoters easing the rules if necessary to make that possible

Riss guested for Edinburgh @ Plymouth  on 29th August at number one & scored 12 paid 13 from 5, including a 2 paid 3 in a match winning last heat 5 - 1 for the Monarchs.

Seemed confident then eh

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Me either but you only have to look at how workington are struggling to get the last rider and sometimes beggars can’t be choosers. Unless they could do a short term deal with someone like Ellis how Birmingham did I don’t really see many options imo.

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

Riss guested for Edinburgh @ Plymouth  on 29th August at number one & scored 12 paid 13 from 5, including a 2 paid 3 in a match winning last heat 5 - 1 for the Monarchs.

Seemed confident then eh

Overall he had a poor season by his standards and some of his scores were very below par especially after being out injured which is understandable but never really seemed to regain the level he is capable of. On his day a very good rider at Championship level and would be a good signing if he could get back to anywhere near his best.