British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

Plymouth will go under if they sign Garrity, People will legit walk away and Plymouth cant afford that to happen.

Unfortunately for them I don't see another option unless they want to sign a rider like Ben Morley and just accept getting battered every week with the threat of fans walking away.

Worrying times for the Gladiators, Hope everything works out well for you.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TTT said:

Plymouth will go under if they sign Garrity, People will legit walk away and Plymouth cant afford that to happen.

Unfortunately for them I don't see another option unless they want to sign a rider like Ben Morley and just accept getting battered every week with the threat of fans walking away.

It would a very negative signing given his misdemeanours.Reprehensible crime.

Calls for a second chance for that crackhead Garrity are ridiculous. The guys a junkie who robbed old and vulnerable people. Has a big history of robbing team mates as well and being nothing but hassle as well as being a liability on track. Should never be granted a license to ride ever again and Lewy's comments must of been a wind up as nobody with half a brain would post such rubbish. 

• Like 4

Hopefully we will find out today at press and practice! 

I’ve backed my team through thick and thin and I no the devastation what some one like that has done, I also no what the person it’s happened to is like after wards if that man comes anywhere near Plymouth speedway I never will again I’d rather get beat every week that put money in his pocket.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 12:41 PM, TTT said:

Would Garrity even be better than Morley anyway? Not ridden for a few years. Won't have up to date equipment etc.

I wouldn't pick him anyway, no matter how good he might be. Not after the crime he committed.

• Like 2

It's a shame the race night has moved in a way as might have been able to get someone like Rew (unless he is doing Sweden this year). 

Posted (edited)
On 3/21/2024 at 11:16 PM, mac101 said:

7 years in jail could change a person everybody deserves a second chance and Pretty sure Mark Courtney got released for drug offences and the next month he was riding for Glasgow 

But, was he not couriering them, rather than taking them?

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

But, was he not couriering them, rather than taking them?

That's OK then   :blink:

Are you suggesting that a drug dealer like Courtney, couriering tens of thousands of pounds worth of drugs, is not as bad as (say) Richie Worrall snorting a line of coke at a party?   Seems a strange take!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

That's OK then   :blink:

Are you suggesting that a drug dealer like Courtney, couriering tens of thousands of pounds worth of drugs, is not as bad as (say) Richie Worrall snorting a line of coke at a party?   Seems a strange take!

In terms of speedway of course it’s ‘not as bad’. I’d trust a drug mule to not cause an on track injury over a drug taker.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

In terms of speedway of course it’s ‘not as bad’. I’d trust a drug mule to not cause an on track injury over a drug taker.

What a bizarre take.:unsure:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Chef1 said:

Any updates from press and practice??

Track was to wet for any practice,heavy rain last night in Plymouth a quite a few heavy showers throughout the morning. 

1 hour ago, RoundTheBoards said:

What a bizarre take.:unsure:

What a strange response, twice. You put words in Steve Parks mouth, he only corrected what Mark Courtney was charged with, and you came out accusing him of saying one thing being worse than another. 

Now you’ve called it a bizarre take to trust a drug trafficker on a 60mph bike with no brakes, over a drug user?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, lewy said:

Track was to wet for any practice,heavy rain last night in Plymouth a quite a few heavy showers throughout the morning. 

Such a shame. Any news on a replacement number 1??